The Tripadelic Life of Spannith no-Punchlines & Other Lazuli Comics

Comments

• CC Reisz is my cherry blossom.

Spannith seems to be the target of a good deal of "-w-" if you catch my drift. I'm not sure how to feel about that honestly, since she's not *supposed* to be a sexy or pretty character. That's more Ossan's doing than my own.

I guess I don't mind. I just want to avoid people reading the comic for fanservice, which there will likely not be much if any of, y'know?

• "What do you think the moo means, ever thought about THAT one?" - raocow
    Then tell Ossan to stop drawing her that way, dammit
  • 卐 STILL, IT'S A DECENT CANCER THAT'S KEEPING ME ALIVE† AND IT'S A DECENT CANCER THAT'S EATING ME ALIVE ⚢
    DEATH OF THE AUTHOR

YOUR INTERPRETATION OF YOUR CHARACTER HAS NO MORE VALUE THAN MINE

THEREFORE I SAY SPANNITH IS VERY PRETTY SO THERE
  • imageNever jam today.
    That is not what death of the author means :/

I doubt that Spannith being pretty is going to hurt the comic, anyhow.
    Oh I know it won't. I'm not complaining, just saying that it's a bit odd to me people are seeing her that way.
  • 卐 STILL, IT'S A DECENT CANCER THAT'S KEEPING ME ALIVE† AND IT'S A DECENT CANCER THAT'S EATING ME ALIVE ⚢
    I know, but since the rest of the world is using DotA incorrectly I thought I could too...
  • imageNever jam today.
    NOT ON MY WATCH
    Either way critique on Spannith
    ● The minimalistic quality of her clothing puts emphasis on her breasts and makes them quite large, if they aren't indended to be. I rarely see her legs in some of the comics, but the same could be said of any comic.
    ● The impassiveness of her facial expression and the sharpness of the lines used to depict her eyes also make her face more soft and placid, along with the flowing blanket of hair that doesn't distract from it.

Okay.

Just uh, sayin'. I appreciate criticism and all but, I don't draw this comic, I just write it. So I...can't really act on that.

SILENCE YOU PUTRID WORM

YOU ARE GOING TO ACCEPT MY THUMBS UP TO YOUR COMIC AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT
    okay. ._.
    yay ^^
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Well, uh

You could always tell Ossan to get her butt in here, and then we can critique her directly

She doesn't post on forums anymore, as far as I know.

Also she's busy at the moment--drawing, coincidentally.

• buttcoin is the future of online butts. buttcoin is a peer-to-peer butt.
    Eh, even if she weren't drawn fanservicey, I'd probably still think she was cute. I know I think the girls from 11.975 MHz are. :D
    Most of the girls in 11.975 are also naked for no reason half the time. :p
    Y'know, I actually don't like it when they're naked. It seems wrong somehow. :o 
    "The prize before the win."

>wrong

>reading Listening to 11.975 MHz

you lost the right to say what's right and what's wrong as soon as you willingly started reading this comic, bucko.

What's wrong with it?

Nothing.

As long as you have no qualms about totally abandoning logic, reason, sense, and in general, reality.

So it's a dada comic?
    It kind of, sort of makes sense to me, even if there's no real point to it.
  • edited January 2012
    CC Reisz is my cherry blossom.

here's the most recent strip.

you tell me if it makes sense.

• edited January 2012
    buttcoin is the future of online butts. buttcoin is a peer-to-peer butt.
    Deco: Oh, hey, I got a present! OH, just one little bite won't hurt...

Chinese girl: This letter I got says you really shouldn't have done that. :P

Deco: BLUH

That's one possible interpretation, anyway.

I think I will make a separate thread about Listening.

• edited January 2012
    The only thing that can save the mortally wounded cat is a sip of gasoline
    ^^^Imma read that.

HELLO AGAIN, INTERNET

we're back.

new-ish character. 

• "What do you think the moo means, ever thought about THAT one?" - raocow
    I like the cute little pachyderm.
  • Jelly Celery?
  • edited January 2012

U Jelly of Celery?

(that's the only reason she's called that. So I can say that.)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I'm very flattered that you gave my character a cameo and comic a mention. I also like your interpretation of her, the only thing is (and I'm not saying this is wrong) I don't think she'd ever use an expletive like "fuck"; but that's just my interpretation of her. 
    Yes, I am. And thank you, it's a pleasure to draw.
  • edited January 2012

HOLY SHIT IT'S ETHAN FORSYTHE

UM

hi. :D

I see. I'll take that into consideration if I ever have her cameo again (unlikely, as I don't like to overdo guest appearances, but just in case) but thank you for the criticism. 

I'm a huge fan and am totally flattered that you have read my comic. ^_^

Heh. Sorry for the outburst of fanboyishness. It's just that it's very rare I get to meet someone who's involved in making a piece of media/art I enjoy. 

• The only thing that can save the mortally wounded cat is a sip of gasoline
    Listening to 11.975 MHz is way cool.
  • I am glad you like it Ethan Forsythe! I hope my sketchy art was able to do her at least a little justice :P

Also, on Spannith being pretty/sexy: I did not know she wasn't supposed to be sexy...I just like drawing sexy girls >_>

We know you do, Ossan.

We know you do.

*pat pat*

:P

YOU MUST CONTINUE OSSAN
    I really like how you went with your own interpretation of Deco. Also, I should state that nobody should drink Early Times, it is the shittiest whiskey on the market (telling people to drink it is me trolling)

Also the chinese girl's name is Lunchbox, and the hippy's name is Fussy Britches. (shh, don't tell TV Tropes)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "shh, don't tell TV Tropes"

Heh.

Also, my wife and I call our infant daughter "fussy britches" from time to time. 

Though it's be a while before she can process that she shares that with a character in a dada web comic.

WHAT SAY THERE FUZZY BRITCHES? Aw, guess not. Why should she be any different?

This is a conspiracy, that's what it is.

One... big... damn conspiracy! And everyone's in on it, including her!

I've said before she can be downright machiavellian. 
    I need links to this Listening comic.

http://www.succubi.org/db/index.php?strip=01

Succubi.org...

Succubi are getting a lot of attention on this fora.

I really like how you went with your own interpretation of Deco. Also, I should state that nobody should drink Early Times, it is the shittiest whiskey on the market (telling people to drink it is me trolling)

Well thank you, Corporal.

You are, of course, free to use any of Tripadelic Life's characters should you feel inclined to do so, as long I'm linked to or something, I don't mind at all.

Should you want to, of course.

As for Early Times, did you make that saying up or is it from elsewhere? It sounds like a marketing slogan (albeit a very simple one).

Also the chinese girl's name is Lunchbox, and the hippy's name is Fussy Britches. (shh, don't tell TV Tropes)

I may be responsible for some of these misspellings to be honest. I recall that we had a thread on your comic there a long time ago, and someone asked me what the names were, I distinctly recall going "Well, I'm not sure but I think they're [bunch of wrong names]", and people took that as a canonical fact for some reason.

I think the only one I got right was Sinbios, actually.

Typical me.

Sinbios is an actual person that I know who has been able to pull off crossplaying cosplay without looking like an assault on the eyes. As a matter of coincidence, he was the first person around whenever I found your comic.

I've never posted proper on the actual names of the characters, so I'm guessing that word-of-mouth from the few people who asked me about the strip resulted in some creative ideas as to what the names are, and TV Tropes' speculation -- like "Lunchbox" being fanon -- is pretty funny considering how little my readership actually is (her name really is Lunchbox btw.) What I don't understand is how they got Fussy's daughter's name, Antithesis, right; and they ignored the succubus-yet-Baptist-minister, Elsepeth. The "Girl who speaks math" is also wrong, her name is Caboose and as a matter of trivia she was the creation of the fellow who developed and released the source code for the first PS1 modchip.

As for the "Drink Early Times", it's an invention on my part, based off of "Eat at Joes" I think. 

As a matter of coincidence, he was the first person around whenever I found your comic.

Coincidences are very strange things. (Incidentally, to add another layer to this, my comic's name comes from misreading "trap-a-delic" as "trip-a-delic", which I liked because it sounded like some sixties-era slang.)

As for the character names, probably word of mouth plus misremembering and in some cases, random-ass guessing (as with Caboose.)

As for the "Drink Early Times", it's an invention on my part, based off of "Eat at Joes" I think.

I can see the connection now that you bring it up, they both have sort of a similar spin on them. They're just "do this" statements.

This discussion has been closed.