Comics news sites are 70% casting rumors now

This is a sick and decayed world.

Comments

• For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    More people care about comic book movies than about comic books these days.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Torgo said:

This is a sick and decayed world.

• HUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuupppppppllliiiiiiiiiaaajhjhhhjhjhjhjhjhuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUtttttttttasasasasasauuuuuuuuuuuGGGGGGGGGGGG. HU HU HU. plbthbthbth thbplbplbth. HTRHHHHHTRRERHTBBD! uuuu. Jujuuhh. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFUFUFYCU
  • this is because movies are better than comic books, people in Comics Hell finally have a ladder out of the Unending Hell Zone
  • More people care about comic book movies than about comic books these days.

I thought the movies got Joe and Jane Public to care about comics again
  • More people care about comic book movies than about comic books these days.

no
  • well the characters at least
  • kill living beings
    nobody gives a shit about comics
    :3 said:

More people care about comic book movies than about comic books these days.

no
    Tucker said:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuupppppppllliiiiiiiiiaaajhjhhhjhjhjhjhjhuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUtttttttttasasasasasauuuuuuuuuuuGGGGGGGGGGGG. HU HU HU. plbthbthbth thbplbplbth. HTRHHHHHTRRERHTBBD! uuuu. Jujuuhh. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFUFUFYCU

Da Huuuuuudge
  • rayman said:

nerds do
  • rayman said:

i read a comic recently it was really bad
    :3 said:

whats a hudge

This
  • :3 said:

rayman said:

i read a comic recently it was really bad
    which comic was it
  • it had superman it was recent he was hanging out with a bunch of protesters idk
    The superhero movie boom is the worst thing to happen to comics since the last 25 years of bad things happening to comics.
    How many of these people who "care about the characters again" bother to buy the comics starring these characters?

Personally, I bought a few Batman TPB's because the Nolan movies got me interested, but never bothered with the ongoing comics because I've heard how much of an insane soap opera they are. And the Hellboy movie got me to try a few TPBs, and now I'm head-over-heels for that entire comic universe.

I suspect I'm an outlier.
    Watching the DCAU Justice League show made me want to check out some comics to get more of Hawkgirl. Then I found out that Shayera from the comics was more of a satellite to Hawkman than a character in her own right, and that Timm & co more or less made up her personality from scratch. So I didn't bother.
  • I liked the first issue of the Dr. Fate series I read.

Anyway from what I can tell mainstream cinema's main problem is mostly financial (throwing huge amounts of money at any and all projects regardless of how well they can be reasonably expected to do).

But I don't have any horse in this race because movies are bad.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I still intend on making that thread about me reading old comic books someday, regardless of how much of a Hell they may or may not be.
  • actually you know what movie came out this year that I like? Lost River.

I haven't seen it but the soundtrack is pretty good so that means it must be good.

actually you know what movie came out this year that I like? Lost River.

I haven't seen it but the soundtrack is pretty good so that means it must be good.
    It got mixed reviews, but it has the involvement of Ryan Gosling and Christina Hendricks, which is a good sign.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I still intend on making that thread about me reading old comic books someday, regardless of how much of a Hell they may or may not be.

I would read it.
  • Sometimes it feels like Bruce Timm did more for the DC superheroes than most anyone else did
    A sick and decayed world that must be cleansed by fire.
    The fire of a major crossover event that reboots the continuity, providing an easy entry point for new readers!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    The New 52 tried that and it just worsened the disease.

Maybe we need to find more outside writers like China Mieville who can bring a fresh perspective to the genre?
  • no cuz comicbros won't buy that so there's no incentive to print them.