Cats

Dogs

Pandas

Comments

• cats are good dogs are bad that's just how it works
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    :3 said:

cats are good dogs are bad that's just how it works

I should note that this is one where you have to dislike both to count.
  • :3 said:

>:/
  • also I don't think I've ever encountered someone with a strong opinion on pandas either way?

>:/
    :3c
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Naney, AU:

It's always been funny to me how your two personalities literally clash like a cat and a dog.

also I don't think I've ever encountered someone with a strong opinion on pandas either way?

People hate them because life is only worth preserving if it clings to life with blood soaked claws as it stamps on the face of lesser animals
  • but what about like baby seals

they generally are lacking in claws and everyone loves them
    They grow up to be real seals.
  • point

what about goats?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

:agreed:
    Goat:

• BeeBee
    edited 2015-10-04 00:28:22
    I feel so bad for pandas.  They're fertile for like 30 hours out of the whole fucking year.
  • I love all these animals.

I'm a horrible contrarian.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-10-04 00:36:41
    I'll admit I'm torn about wolves.  I like them for the most part and we're trying to get a species back up to par here, but I've lived near too many ranches and lost livestock to be completely unconflicted about it.
  • Calica said:

No seriously fuck both of you

• Cats are wonderful. Dogs are wonderful.

Why the fuck do people feel the need to take sides. You're tearing me apart, and all that.
  • Tucker said:

Calica said:

Dogs, then, are peasants and the pets of peasants; cats are gentlemen and the pets of gentlemen. The dog is for him who places crude feeling and outgrown ethics and humanocentricity above austere and disinterested beauty; who just loves ‘folks and folksiness’ and doesn’t mind sloppy clumsiness if only something will truly care for him. (Tableau of dog across master’s grave—cf. Landseer, “The Old Shepherd’s Chief Mourner”.) The guy who isn’t much for highbrow stuff, but is always on the square and don’t (sic) often find the Saddypost or the N.Y. World too deep for him; who hadn’t much use for Valentino, but thinks Doug Fairbanks is just about right for an evening’s entertainment. Wholesome—constructive—non-morbid—civic-minded—domestic—(I forgot to mention the radio) normal—that’s the sort of go-getter that had ought to go in for dogs.
    The cat is for the aristocrat—whether by birth or inclinations or both—who admires his fellow-aristocrats (even if Little Belknap isn’t especially fond of Felis). He is for the man who appreciates beauty as the one living force in a blind and purposeless universe, and who worships that beauty in all its forms without regard for the sentimental and ethical illusions of the moment. For the man who knows the hollowness of feeling and the emptiness of human objects and aspirations, and who therefore clings solely to what is real—as beauty is real because it pretends to no significance beyond the emotion which it excites and is. For the man who feels sufficient in the cosmos, and asks no false perspective of exaltation; who is moved by no mawkish scruples of conventional prejudice, but loves repose and strength and freedom and luxury and superiority and sufficiency and contemplation; who as a strong fearless soul wishes something to respect instead of something to lick his face and accept his alternate blows and strokings; who seeks a proud and beautiful equal in the peerage of individualism rather than a cowed and cringing satellite in the hierarchy of fear, subservience, and devotion. The cat is not for the brisk, selfimportant little worker with a “mission”, but for the enlightened dreaming poet who knows that the world contains nothing really worth doing. The dilettante—the connoisseur—the decadent, if you will, though in a healthier age than this there were things for such men to do, so that they were the planners and leaders of those glorious pagan times. The cat is for him who does things not for empty duty but for power, pleasure, splendour, romance, and glamour—for the harpist who sings alone in the night of old battles, or the warrior who goes out to fight such battles for beauty, glory, fame, and the splendour of a kingly court athwart which no shadow of weakness or democracy falls. For him who will be lulled by no sops of prose and usefulness, but demands for his effort the ease and beauty and ascendancy and cultivation which alone make effort worth while. For the man who knows that play, not work, and leisure, not bustle, are the great things of life; and that the round of striving merely in order to strive some more is a bitter irony of which the civilised soul accepts as little as it can.

Tucker said:

Calica said:

I agree that dogs are good too, but this is an excellent retort
    actually dogs are okay, they just scare the fuck out of me
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cows da best
    Especially with a nice sauce to go with them.
    D:
  • for real it agitates me that most people seem to appreciate pigs on no level beyond "food"
    my grandma really liked pigs.

Thomas Pynchon likes them too.
    What about David Cameron
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god

for real it agitates me that most people seem to appreciate pigs on no level beyond "food"

Pigs are insanely smart and clean animals. 
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

for real it agitates me that most people seem to appreciate pigs on no level beyond "food"

Torgo said:

What about David Cameron

• Pack animals are shit in general, dolphins are rapists, cats are douchebags and dogs are too loud and smelly, fuck you.

Pandas are cool though.

Too damn loud but pigs are cool too. Sucks how no one realizes how smart and affectionate they are.
    Contrarian spotted
  • I listen to bad pop music, I can't be a contrarian
    pandas are kind of funny as far as endangered animals go because the reason they're endangered is that they don't have sex
  • I listen to bad pop music, I can't be a contrarian

:high five:
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)

Agreed
    but I like doggies
  • Calica said:

pandas are kind of funny as far as endangered animals go because the reason they're endangered is that they don't have sex

They seem to do that part fine in the wild.  One of the running theories is that the male's libido is on a similar cycle to the female's brief fertility window, but in captivity, those get desynced somehow.
  • Corvina said:

Agreed
    Fuck. Off.
  • kill living beings
    imo, good things are good, but bad things are bad, generally speaking
    rayman said:

imo, good things are good, but bad things are bad, generally speaking

On the matter of what is good and what is bad contrasting arguments are put forward in Greece by educated people: some say that what is good and what is bad are two different things, others that they are the same thing, and that the same thing is good for some but bad for others, or at one time good and at another time bad for the same person. 

(2) For myself, I side with the latter group, and I shall examine the view by reference to human life, with its concern for food and drink and sex. For these things are bad for those who are sick, but good for the person who is healthy and needs them. 

(3) Or again, lack of restraint in these matters is bad for those who lack restraint, but good for those who sell these commodities and make money out of them. And illness is bad for the sick but good for the doctors. And death is bad for those who die, but good for the undertakers and the grave-diggers. 

(4) Farming also, when it makes a handsome success of producing crops, is good for the farmers, but bad for the merchants. And it is bad for the ship-owner if his merchant-ships are involved in a collision or get smashed up, but good for the shipbuilders. 

(5) Furthermore, it is bad for everyone else, but good for the blacksmiths if a tool corrodes or loses its sharp edge or gets broken to pieces. And undoubtedly it is bad for everyone else, but good for the potters if pottery gets smashed. And it is bad for everyone else, but good for the cobbler if footwear wears out or gets ripped apart. 

(6) Again, when it comes to contests, be they gymnastic, or artistic, or military — for example, when it comes to games (i.e., foot-races) — victory is good for the winner, but bad for the losers. 

(7) And the same is also true for wrestlers and boxers and all those who take part in artistic contests as well; for example, lyre-playing is good for the winner, but bad for the losers. 

(8) And in the matter of war (I shall speak first of the most recent events) the Spartan victory over the Athenians and their allies was good for the Spartans, but bad for the Athenians and their allies; and the victory which the Greeks won over the Persians was good for the Greeks, but bad for the non-Greeks. 

(9) Again, the capture of Troy was good for the Achaeans, but bad for the Trojans. And the same holds for what happened to the Thebans and to the Argives. 

(10) And the battle between the Lapiths and the Centaurs was good for the Lapiths, but bad for the Centaurs. And it is certainly the case that the fabled battle of the gods and Giants, and its victorious outcome, was good for the gods, but bad for the Giants. 

(11) Another view is that what is good is one thing and what is bad is another thing; as the name differs, so likewise does the reality. I myself also distinguish the two in the above-mentioned manner. For I think it not even clear what sort of thing would be good and what sort of thing bad if each of the two were the same thing and not different things; the situation would be an astonishing one indeed. 

(12) And I think that the man who says the above-mentioned things would not even be able to make a reply if someone were to put the following question: "Tell me now, did you ever before now do to your parents anything that was good?" He might say, "Yes, I did a great deal that was 
    very good." "In that case you ought to do them a great deal that is very bad, if what is good and what is bad are the same thing. 

(13) Tell me, did you ever before now do to your relatives anything that was good? In such a case you were doing them something bad. Or tell me, did you ever before now do harm to your enemies? In such a case you did them a great deal that was very beneficial. 

(14) And please answer me this as well: Are you not in the position of pitying beggars because they are in a very bad way and also (contrariwise) congratulating them for being well off, if the same thing is good and bad?" 

(15) And there is nothing to stop the King of Persia from being in the same condition as beggars. For what is for him a great deal of good is also a great deal of evil, if the same thing is good and evil. And we can assume that these things have been said for every case. 

(16) However, I shall also go though each individual case, beginning with eating and drinking and sexual intercourse. For, in the same way as has been mentioned above, if the same thing is good and bad, it is good for those who are ill should they do these things. And being sick is bad for the sick and also good for them if what is good and what is bad are the same thing. 

(17) And for all else that has been mentioned in the above argument this holds good. Not that I am saying what the good is; I am trying rather to point out that it is not the same thing which is bad and good, but that each is different from the other.

pwned
    webarebears_clip_019_02_640x360.jpg
    shorter @Baldanders: the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you fucking moron"
    Twa