Why do people hate rain?

It very seldom seems to rain in Denver, except for the times when rain is frequent which are themselves infrequent. But nobody says "god I wish it would rain more often" much.

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    This is Anonus

• kill living beings
    cos they fucking suck
  • Anonus said:

It very seldom seems to rain in Denver, except for the times when rain is frequent which are themselves infrequent. But nobody says "god I wish it would rain more often" much.

I was saying this all through our record-breaking summer.  And even through a good bit of last winter, where we got 8% of our usual rainfall.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't want to go in the rain

I would if nudity weren't taboo, because I hate wet clothing
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I like rain plenty but we had so much of it this year that I think I could go without until next spring and not be sad
  • I live in Britain. I have no choice but to like the rain.
  • Bee said:

Anonus said:

I was saying this all through our record-breaking summer.  And even through a good bit of last winter, where we got 8% of our usual rainfall.
    Same here. I didn't moved to Oregon for the sunshine, damn it.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I live in Britain. I have no choice but to like the rain.

I live in Western PA, but I don't like human garbage
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You and Imi talking about Pittsburgh being a shit place to live makes me wonder if I should be happy that Denver is full of transplants

It's kind of alienating how so few of the adults actually seem to have spent any of their formative years here, but whatever
  • The sound of rain falling against the window is soothing.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Rain is nice to be inside during.

It's unpleasant or downright dangerous to drive during.
  • edited 2015-10-01 22:33:14
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Rain is nice to be inside during.

It's unpleasant or downright dangerous to drive during.
    Not to mention that if you have a $2000 used car and its internals get too wet it can stall on you.

Not that I, as a rich princess, would know anything about that.
  • Last week I decided to walk to University without a hoodie when it started raining.

I got to campus and I was dripping water everywhere.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You've reminded me that it's the time of year when I need to go dig out my hoodies and toss them in the washer.
  • I can start wearing my faux fur lined hoodies again.

They feel so good but can make you sweat your balls off.
  • Yeah up in this part of the country rain isn't for playing in unless you really, really like hypothermia.  Same as our beaches, really.
  • I like rain.

I dislike when it causes flooding and closes roads though.
  • i am now reclining with vash, we are going to watch lesbears

also my 9 dollar glasses came in the mail and they are like, scarily nice

they came in a nice, sturdy cardboard gift box with embossed silver writing and a little pull tab, inside of a soft blue bag, with a little multitool/screwdriver in a little slot in the bottom of the box

the glasses are of average quality, and the lenses are spot on

for 9 fucking dollars

• wrong thread but im too lazy to move it so deal w/ it nerds
    I think you've got the wrong thread but you two watching lesbears together is adorable, so I don't care
  • I think you've got the wrong thread but you two watching lesbears together is adorable, so I don't care

Guess we're not gonna rain on their parade
  • My feelings w/r/t rain largely depends on my mood and how much of an inconvenience it is to me at the time.

Like, there are moments when I can appreciate rainy days, but there's also times when I can't stand them.
    Tiny said:

My feelings w/r/t rain largely depends on my mood and how much of an inconvenience it is to me at the time.

Like, there are moments when I can appreciate rainy days, but there's also times when I can't stand them.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings too.

When I was working a full-time job and got to sit at a desk for 8 hours it was nice to see and hear the rain pouring down all evening.

When I'm at college and I have to walk from building to building every hour or two, I just wanna stay dry, dammit.
  • it is raining a lot here
  • East Tennessee is gross as fuck after rain. But I enjoy storms. I wish they would last longer.
  • Anonus said:

But nobody says "god I wish it would rain more often" much.

CALIFORNIA SAYS HELLO
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Torgo said:

I live in Britain. I have no choice but to like the rain.

I live in Western PA, but I don't like human garbage
    well same to you, buddy
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Haven said:

Bee said:

Anonus said:

Same here. I didn't moved to Oregon for the sunshine, damn it.
    I wish it would rain more often.

I'm in Seattle.

Yeah, jokes aside, we're in a drought.