Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't know but they are pretty cool
  • What... are... those?
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Another Green World explores how we perceive landscape, our expectations of the natural world, and the boundaries between reality and fiction using fantasy and construction to create imagined landscapes.   This series moves beyond the accepted narratives of lost wilderness, and the impossibility of accessing the ‘real’ wild places of old, and redefines these spaces for the viewer in a fusing of landscape and ‘otherness’.

Another Green World addresses a common sense of alienation from the natural world, exploring and challenging our assumptions that we know and have conquered the landscape.  It is about discovering something unidentified and peculiar; revisiting the possibilities of early explorers and trying to experience the landscape with an open-mindedness wrought from the potential to find something new and unexpected, to recapture the excitement and awe of the pioneers, botanists, scientists and naturalists to whom all possibilities were open.

Using shapes inspired by insect eggs, shells, oceanic diatoms, sea anemones and corals, each ‘form’ is made from materials drawn from the surrounding area – like the cadis fly lava that builds an armoured case to protect and house itself - these forms are disguised or distinguished using seaweeds, river weed, moss, mares tail, bracken, heather, lichen, chalk dust and leaf litter.

• WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOSE!?!?!?!?
    we must keep bumping this thread until someone can answer this
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    They are something created by UK artist Elle Davies for the reasons stated above

well that's cool, I approve
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I assume that there is an Eno influence here. And indeed, if a lot of Eno's early ambient had a shape, that would not be an implausible representation in art.