New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick...

...and I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer, for the summer.

I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch!

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I remember my sister hated this song.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's kind of obnoxious but the lyrics are so hilariously inane that I can't help but appreciate them
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Was that a one hit wonder, Todd In The Shadows should cover it
  • "I like girs that wear Abercrombie and Fitch"

eww
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I figured someone would say something like that. :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Zeether said:

I dunno how interesting an episode LFO would make. I mean, you can get a surprising amount of interest out of the likes of Debbie Boone and Iron Butterfly, and Chumbawamba and Dexy's Midnight Runners are just fascinating in their own rights, but they all had, y'know, history.
  • LFO makes me mad because they have the same name as LFO
    The best OHW episodes are ones where the band either (a) had a successful but low-key career before the hit song, or (b) had a successful but low-key career (usually in some other country) after the hit song...
    naney said:

LFO makes me mad because they have the same name as LFO

I do not disagree, my love.

The best OHW episodes are ones where the band either (a) had a successful but low-key career before the hit song, or (b) had a successful but low-key career (usually in some other country) after the hit song...

Absolutely, although calling Chumbawamba's career "low-key" might be a stretch for nine anarchists barnstorming EMI and then turning into a folk band. But either way, they had a real lifespan as a band.

Rockwell was interesting for almost the opposite reason. Guy is like a weirdly privileged cypher.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'll admit that Todd's recent "Turning Japanese" review amused me because of how obvious it was that he'd rather talk about The Jam for 15 minutes instead.

Frankly, I don't blame him on that.
    Wrong Rockwell, but overall a much better Rockwell.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My life was enriched by knowing that there was a Christmas-themed followup to "It's Raining Men"
    Same. That was delightful.
  • Chinese food doesn't make me sick.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Zeether said:

I dunno how interesting an episode LFO would make. I mean, you can get a surprising amount of interest out of the likes of Debbie Boone and Iron Butterfly, and Chumbawamba and Dexy's Midnight Runners are just fascinating in their own rights, but they all had, y'know, history.
    >Implying that Iron Butterfly should not be interesting
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    There aren't many boy bands that would make a good One-Hit Wonderland video, since the ones that have history have hits, and the ones that didn't, well...being pre-fabricated means there's very little to cover. 
    ^^ Their early career, yes, but they were never the greatest of songwriters. That said, the sheer entropy of their later years has its own fascination.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Todd just needs to go review every episode of Trapped In the Closet
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    yes
  • edited 2015-09-20 06:12:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.