Heaper Alignments

edited 2015-09-09 10:20:00 in Chocolate
Basically just post who would be who in the context of various RPG alignment systems

eg Centie is chaotic good, naney is lawful good, Sunn is, uh, Machine Sunshine, the DHNNN(H) path in Shadow the Hedgehog

(What's weird is that I had chosen that path arbitrarily and when I looked it up its official name had part of his name in it, neat)

Comments

• Not sure if I am neutral good or true neutral.
  • edited 2015-09-09 11:11:05
    ಠ_ಠ
    According to an alignment test, I am True Neutral, with bits of Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good and Lawful Good.

YNTKT
  • Kexruct said:

Sunn is, uh, Machine Sunshine, the DHNNN(H) path in Shadow the Hedgehog

thank u for thinking of me though i have no idea what this means
  • edited 2015-09-09 12:12:03
    It was just kind of a weird joke that would only appeal to me.

Explanation: Its more or less just playing off the fact that even for a video game Shadow the Hedgehog had a really banal morality system

Also each of its 326 story paths is named which is a hilarious amount of effort dedicated to no real end
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I was once told I was chaotic neutral but I like to think of myself as chaotic good.
  • I'm probably Chaotic Neutral.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-09-09 14:02:46
    If I were to rate myself it'd probably have to be Neutral Good because I'm neither a by-the-book kind of guy nor a loose cannon, though I kinda want to do one of the tests to check that.
  • edited 2015-09-09 14:04:20
    DnD alignment is fun to wank around with but it's kinda pointless

The most forthcoming example for me is how Lawful Evil seems to mean either a villain with noble tendencies or a villain directly exploiting dominant lawful institutions, and the two of those are kinda opposing concepts
  • Also I'd say Tre is full Paragon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    a villain with noble tendencies is probably too complex for the alignment system to pigeonhole, is probably the problem there
    i'd like to think i'm Lawful Good, anyway
  • edited 2015-09-09 14:17:09
    Tachyon said:

a villain with noble tendencies is probably too complex for the alignment system to pigeonhole, is probably the problem there

That and Robin Hood-style heroes were to my knowledge the reason why DnD changed its morality from Lawful/Chaotic two the better known two axis system in the first place.
    but as you say, Lawful Evil can just be a villain who cynically exploits Lawful institutions for his/her own ends, which isn't at all the same as being evil but with some principles

3 axes would let you be more precise, 4 even more so, i imagine they stuck with 2 to keep it from getting unwieldy
  • Oh I agree I'm just saying that they were trying to account for that possibility but the two axis system ends up being kinda broad and meaningless regardless
    Yeah.
  • I am paw-ful evil
  • naney said:

I am paw-ful evil

the lil'est baatezu
  • I am...

uh...

I dunno. What am I? I mean I-as-Ozzy tend to feel I'm probably some kinda "neutral" something. True Neutral?

...and I don't even wanna know what I-as-Vriska am. >::::D
  • Vriska is probably NE
  • Haven said:

naney said:

I am paw-ful evil

the lil'est baatezu

>:3c
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Kexruct said:

a villain with noble tendencies

Kexruct said:

a villain directly exploiting dominant lawful institutions

These go hand-in-hand, even in real life. It's reasons like this that there is a two-axis alignment system in the first place. Just like there is in real life. Some villains wear black and some wear white. Some wear a mask and some instead wear a crown. Authority runs perpendicular to morality systems, not along it.
  • That wasn't what I was saying.

I was saying that a villain described as "Lawful" could be interpreted as those two things, which would necessitate another factor to differentiate them further.
  • naney said:

Haven said:

naney said:

I am paw-ful evil

the lil'est baatezu

>:3c
    Good.

I mean evil.

#kitty #of the blood war
  • Those are the cutest evil kitties. Maybe I should knit a devil horn hat for Dusty...
  • Also Vriska is Alcor's path in Devil Survivor 2, which is a weird mix of Chaos and Neutral.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The best thing to come out of the alignment system was the Planescape stuff like The Blood War, or the Modrons and the Slaad, because having to come up with an afterlife for each of the nine moralities goes some weird places.
  • Odradek said:

The best thing to come out of the alignment system was the Planescape stuff like The Blood War, or the Modrons and the Slaad, because having to come up with an afterlife for each of the nine moralities goes some weird places.

And then they came up with a bunch more in-between, like Chaotic Neutral-Good Furry Land.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm clearly lawful good.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

I'm clearly lawful good.

This is unambigously true.