DAE have Christmas lights in their bedroom all year round?

These things probably aren't designed for long-term use, admittedly, but it's some LEDs on a big thick cord. It's not like I'm gonna burn the place down.

*knocks on wood*

Comments

• we have some fairy lights in our living room
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    No, because I hate themed decorations when it's not that time of the year, and will have none or next to none when I live on my own. Plus it'd be an unnecessary expenditure better spent on making my place look better without themed junk (or books). The ornaments also sporadically bother me in ways I can't describe, alongside the fact that I'd rather make my own items first.
  • I have some I'd been meaning to hang up in my bathroom but I haven't done so yet.

I don't consider just random strings of lights to belong to any particular holiday really; they're just pretty.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Crystal said:

No, because I hate themed decorations when it's not that time of the year, and will have none or next to none when I live on my own. Plus it'd be an unnecessary expenditure better spent on making my place look better without themed junk (or books). The ornaments also sporadically bother me in ways I can't describe, alongside the fact that I'd rather make my own items first.

I like how this further cements the contrast between our aesthetic tastes.

You know Princess Alice has twinkly lights strung all over the palace, except for the part you control. :P
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yes and it is horrendous. But to each their own. I prefer plainer things, if I had the option between light standard ornamentation and, well, these.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Christmas lights, not so much, but the blinkenlights from my computers and video equipment suffice, I'm sure.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I like the plain white fairy lights, though I do not have any. They are nice for creating a subdued atmosphere when you don't want full lighting, but also don't want it to be dark. 
  • my ideal place would be like

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^I approve.
  • edited 2015-09-07 22:55:22
    ಠ_ಠ
    I have green and gold tinsel wrapped around the end of my bed (it's a black gothic metal bed) from a few years ago that was meant to be a one time thing. I loved it so much that it's now a permanent feature.

And I have two types of fairy lights across the top of my whiteboard.

So yes and no.
  • edited 2015-09-07 22:56:27
    ಠ_ಠ
    ^^^ I disapprove. Where's the colour?! D:
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Rooms should clearly be decorated with wires and computer monitors. :|
  • Rooms should clearly be decorated with wires and computer monitors. :|