"King of the Hill is underrated"

yeah not anymore it's not

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    You can say the same for Mean Girls, which was another thing I liked before it was cool to.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i barely hear anyone talking about King of the Hill though
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Well it's not something a British person would get the humor of as easily, due to it being culturally based in a specific area in America.

I mean, I don't get the humor of it.
    idk why i didn't think of that, but that makes sense.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm Canadian and I'm capable of identifying with it.

It did admittedly take a couple years of watching it alongside
    The Simpsons and Family Guy for the humour of it to fully sink in, though.
    i would imagine Canada is culturally more similar to America than Britain is

could be wrong, but it seems likely to me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

i would imagine Canada is culturally more similar to America than Britain is

could be wrong, but it seems likely to me

I've definitely had fewer "wow, America is weird" moments from Section or Barcode or Pyridrym than I have from you or Alice Luna, so...
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    it's not a response i like getting when i explain Canada stuff to people, so I don't give it when I hear stuff about the States.

there are few things i loathe more than canada stereotyping, especially from people who've never been here.
    i find cultural differences interesting

i guess i shouldn't use words like "weird" probably, but for the record if i say that about Canada it's not a condemnation of the place or the people, it's just surprise that something i assumed would be the same was different
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    yeah i mean, differences are fine, and canada's a small enough place population-wise that almost every Canadian that makes significant use of the Internet is either from Southern Ontario, Vancouver, or Quebec (and Quebec's the only one of those 3 with a significantly different culture). it just bugs me that...well...there's no way to say this without sounding goofy, so I'm going to just say it: there's a slightly nationalist meta-joke americans maintain of canada being some absurd place (which comes up every time you first mention to an american that you're canadian) and I don't like it!!
  • Canada has poutine so it is God's chosen nation tbh
    ^^ i can picture that being pretty grating after a while, yeah
  • I want poutine now
  • edited 2015-08-27 20:21:25
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

You can say the same for Mean Girls, which was another thing I liked before it was cool to.

I used to say that Mean Girls was the Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the tumblr generation; I'm not sure if the quotes are quite as widespread now but damn if they didn't used to be
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Nobody I've ever talked to was from Calgary
    Calgary, which appears eerily like Denver's Canadian twin, despite probably being less liberal
  • edited 2015-08-27 21:33:49
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Calica said:

I used to say that Mean Girls was the Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the tumblr generation; I'm not sure if the quotes are quite as widespread now but damn if they didn't used to be
    I remember watching Mean Girls last year with Anonus, who was seeing it for the first time.

About 20 minutes in I realized that he would probably have a very different experience than I did watching for the first time, because he'd already been bomarded with all the quotable lines for the past 10 years.
    more like past two or three but sure
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-08-28 00:36:08
    I think the funniest part about it is how it was written by the same guys as Beavis and Butthead.  And the random Chuck Mangione.