yesterday at about half past midnight I got a text from my dad

telling me that A Pervert's Guide to Ideology is now on Netflix

Comments

• It's been on there for a while. tbh.

Like, your dad is at least 4 months late.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Somehow I knew this was going to be a Naney thread
  • kill living beings
    inane's dad is the only one of our dads savvy enough to text
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    if I got a text from my dad....well, that'd be pretty darn cool
  • my dad texts regularly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

if I got a text from my dad....well, that'd be pretty darn cool

*hugs*
    thanks

I mean, I was just thinking, that would be remarkable. I could sell my story to the National Enquirer or something.
    Of all the ways to communicate from the afterlife, text messages seem like one of the least elegant.

You know, according to Grandma, I communicated with Grandpa in a dream shortly after his death. I apparently asked him where he was going, why he wasn't coming back, and why I couldn't come along.

(Yes, I talk in my sleep.)
  • texts from beyond feat. dad jokes

if i could do text messages from beyond the dead that is what i would do
    talking in my sleep is a real fear of mine
  • Somehow I knew this was going to be a Naney thread

i not only knew that but thought 'it's going to be something about zizek again isnt it'
  • Of all the ways to communicate from the afterlife, text messages seem like one of the least elegant.

textspeak from hell
  • My dreams exceed my real life

• Re: dads texting.

One time my dad was trying to text my brother, sent a normal message (something along the lines of "you coming into town this weekend" or something). Got a reply back of "who is this?". He replied "Daddy Bear".

It was a wrong number.

D'OH!