Fuck you

I'm not going to hate Neil Gaiman, Ender's Game, Wes Anderson, Jurassic World, Suicide Squad, and Ergo Proxy, and you can't make me.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Ender's Game is something I don't want to revisit because I'm pretty sure I'd like it a lot less if I revisited it.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    If I come to dislike any of these things, it will be for me instead of because they are Ideologically Incorrect
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ...that parental advisory sticker is totally superfluous
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I do not understand people who hate Neil Gaiman. He is arguably the nicest person working in literature and the worst thing you can say about him is that American Gods was kinda boring and he tends to repeat himself in long form.
    Maybe it's hilariously non-indicative, like the cover of Gentle Giant's Acquiring The Taste
    I mean, a large part of it is that I'm actually going to notice that "butt-watcher lololol" and the like actually are kind of homophobic, etc.
    is hating Neil Gaiman a thing now?
  • edited 2015-08-21 17:41:25
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Calica said:

I mean, a large part of it is that I'm actually going to notice that "butt-watcher lololol" and the like actually are kind of homophobic, etc.

Bonzo: welcome to battle school
    the only thing you need to know about life up here is that we only have two kinds of swearing
    “fart face” and vicious racial slurs

Ender: oh

Bonzo: we’ll kill you as soon as look at you
    but we’ll never say “shit”

• iunno about ideology but ergo proxy definitely is something u could eat out of a trash can oh snap
  • Odradek said:

I'm not going to hate Neil Gaiman, Ender's Game, Wes Anderson, Jurassic World, Suicide Squad, and Ergo Proxy, and you can't make me.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you
    I have little to no opinion on all of these.
    Odradek said:

If I come to dislike any of these things, it will be for me instead of because they are Ideologically Incorrect

If I come to dislike any of these things, it will be for me because I experienced them personally and didn't enjoy them.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That sounds like a challenge.
    naney said:

iunno about ideology but ergo proxy definitely is something u could eat out of a trash can oh snap

Well, tough.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I do not understand people who hate Neil Gaiman. He is arguably the nicest person working in literature and the worst thing you can say about him is that American Gods was kinda boring and he tends to repeat himself in long form.

He also married Amanda Palmer, who strikes me as a real Peggy Hill-type.

Seriously though, who's hating Neil Gaiman? I thought he was generally beloved by nerds.
  • All I know about Neil Gaiman is Please Stop Let's Playing I Wanna Be The Guy.
    also I predict that Suicide Squad will be a movie that would have been better had they not shoe-horned the Joker into it, the Joker apparently having not been a Suicide Squad member in its long comic history anyways

All I know about Neil Gaiman is Please Stop Let's Playing I Wanna Be The Guy.

And now, a reading, from John Stuart Mill's On Liberty
  • Odradek said:

All I know about Neil Gaiman is Please Stop Let's Playing I Wanna Be The Guy.

And now, a reading, from John Stuart Mill's On Liberty
    *loads state of thread from earlier before oneself made a bad joke*

Seriously though, who's hating Neil Gaiman? I thought he was generally beloved by nerds.

I think people kind of overreact to Amanda Palmer, but even acknowledging that there are reasons not to care for her or her work, disdain as a transitive property is an alarming idea.

Also, yes, there are Gaiman haters and I don't get it.
  • first of all, fuck Mike Finito for making this beat.
    the main thing I know about Amanda Palmer is that she made a poem about Dzhokar Tsarnaev which is uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I was not aware of that specifically.
  • Calica said:

the main thing I know about Amanda Palmer is that she made a poem about Dzhokar Tsarnaev which is uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why this

I think people kind of overreact to Amanda Palmer, but even acknowledging that there are reasons not to care for her or her work, disdain as a transitive property is an alarming idea.

FWIW, I do agree with that. I still have a personal aversion to her, but that shouldn't influence how people feel about her husband.

I still want to know what Myr is talking about in specific re: Neil Gaiman hate.
  • Calica said:

see everything people say about this lady makes me do this little smirk thing
  • I do not understand people who hate Neil Gaiman. He is arguably the nicest person working in literature and the worst thing you can say about him is that American Gods was kinda boring and he tends to repeat himself in long form.

FWIW, I do agree with that. I still have a personal aversion to her, but that shouldn't influence how people feel about her husband.

I still want to know what Myr is talking about in specific re: Neil Gaiman hate.
    I remember there was like this mid-yier tumblr famous blogger who disliked Niel Gaiman b/c they felt that a depiction of a trans character in Sandman was transphobic but then sredni read the comic and he didn't think so and I trust sredni more than any internet rando

Goons and twitterati hate him
    Odradek said:

Goons and twitterati hate him
    so it's like how they hate David Simon then

Gotcha.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

• Calica said:

i forgot this happened, and that poem was so bad.
  • kill living beings
  • sunn wolf said:

Calica said:

is this not the ideal quality for a poem about Dzhokar Tsarnaev to have?
    i think the ideal quality for a poem about dzhokar tsarnaev to have is to not exist
  • existence is more of a state than a quality
    naney said:

existence is more of a state than a quality

Does Calica even Kant, bro?
  • I certainly dont
    Immanuel Kant, but Kublai Khan
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Calica said:

Immanuel Kant, but Kublai Khan

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable
    Heidegger Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could drink you under the table
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    David Hume could out-consume Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
    And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel
  • Honestly, where is the origin to which we owe this simplistic criticism of criticism?

The idea is clear to me... only having context of entire pages of course, so I'm docking points for that.

0/5 for unclear premise of criticism.
    0/5 for hostile language.

This is has been my critique of this criticism of criticism. 
  • > goons and twitterati

well they and tumblrites and redditors and farkers and ebaumsworlders and facebookers and myspacers and 4channers and gamergaters etc. etc. etc. can go fuck themselves kaksoispiste oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
  • naney said:

sunn wolf said:

Calica said:

is this not the ideal quality for a poem about Dzhokar Tsarnaev to have?
    there are many different kinds of bad. some of them would have been appropriate for a poem about dzhokhar tsarnaev. amanda palmer's poem about tsarnaev was the wrong kind of bad. it was just bad. not on a good level, a bad level. unironically bad. like, not mcgonagall bad, but just bad. u get me
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

> goons and twitterati

well they and tumblrites and redditors and farkers and ebaumsworlders and facebookers and myspacers and 4channers and gamergaters etc. etc. etc. can go fuck themselves kaksoispiste oo oo oo oo oo oo oo

What about Heapers, eh?
  • edited 2015-08-22 06:04:58
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    The thing that gets me isn't the anti-tribalism.

It's that this expression of anti-tribalism is indistinguishable from actually practicing tribalism.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jurassic World is on my shitlist because I think it gets FAR too much praise
  • I think the world is better off for it, if only for the amazing edits.

• there arent a lot of things where i would say "the world is definitely worse off for it"

maybe that Transformers movie i watched
  • edited 2015-08-22 07:21:02
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Bee said:

I think the world is better off for it, if only for the amazing edits.

I hope that I'm not a luddite for disliking the way that computer colour grading was used here.