Why are YouTube commenters so angry?

Because it seems to me like they are virulently furious in a very strange way

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I get this impression from a lot of internet commenters, it just seems like YouTube is the most prominent example
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    What did you just say about me, you little bitch?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everyone that ever lived is a huge asshole.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    It's a negative feedback loop founded in the anonymity of the internet. Young teens see other people being furious in their commenting, so they think it is okay and "cool" to do the same thing and emulate the behavior. There are no consequences to the behavior. It just gradually shifted that way as more and more people found it socially acceptable until we had what we see today. 
  • edited 2015-08-09 15:51:28
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I know we all dislike Penny Arcade now (I am still pretty disappointed in them myself), but I think GIFT is still relevant here.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    if only they'd applied that theory themselves
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    4chan is like a big game of chicken for the benefit of no one.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that's a really good analogy
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I got it from a former channer I follow on twitter
  • edited 2015-08-09 16:42:08
    It's funny how the Angry Video Game Nerd is actually not all that angry and generally rather reasonable.

Meanwhile, his imitators have taken to ULTIMATE RAEGing at every little thing that they could react to.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I don't subscribe to any of them, and I don't even watch their videos regularly.
  • If I ever make a series of youtube videos, it'll probably be about gaming, and I'll probably calmly talk about games and discuss their merits, without getting all that angry at anything.