What am I supposed to do with AMC?

AMC is one of the many, many cable networks owned by ABC Warner. The year prior to the big merger with Time Warner, ABC Inc acquired AMC Networks, and with it its namesake cable network.

But in the time since then, two of AMC's big three shows, Breaking Bad and Mad Men, have finished their runs. The third, The Walking Dead, remains strong. AMC's image as being a home for "prestige television" comes into conflict with its corporate stablemate HBO, which was inherited from Time Warner.

So what to do? Retooling ABC Family into a new incarnation of The WB might eat into AMC's possible new territory of science fiction/"nerd" shows, which I intended as a way to build around The Walking Dead. But I worry that AMC might be jumping onto a train that will leave the station in a few years.
Tagged:

Comments

• Put it in a blender and make a smoothie out of it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    (The WB would be the logical destination for any Warner Bros.-produced CW shows if that network dissolves anytime soon)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    disregard your audience entirely, put what you want on it

(this may not be commercially sound advice)
    I'm not sure who AMC's target audience even is, honestly

I initially bought it with the intention of partially remaking it into ABC's equivalent of TNT or USA, but then ABC bought the actual TNT...
    The thing is that it doesn't fit into the TBS-TNT duumvirate. TBS focuses on comedy, TNT drama. AMC also focuses on drama. But they focus on PRESTIGE drama that garners attention from critics.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Sell it to me.

I will not fuck it. I promise.
    and when NBC couldn't turn Bravo into their ideal genre-less USA Network equivalent...after buying the actual USA...they just decided to build around Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
    (which in turn sprang from a special on gay weddings that Bravo aired in 2001, the year before NBC took control)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I swear I won't fuck it.
    How much are you willing to pay for AMC?
    A dollar. My dollar.

Which would be about $0.8 USD.
    It's worth more than that
    It's all I got and I swear, cross my heart and hope to die, that I will not fuck it.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    He's going to fuck it.
    AMC is ABC Warner's, until I deem ABC Warner to have served its purpose and gift it to its employees.
    no I won't!!!!!!!!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    buddy they don't even let me fuck amc