And while Drake seems to have won the first two battles

former senior adviser to President Barack Obama Dan Pfeiffer suggests that Philadelphia rapper Meek might have actually won something better.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I heard that Drake used the 1993 World Series (in which the Toronto Blue Jays prevailed over the Philadelphia Phillies four games to two) as ammo in his latest diss
    also those two played today and Toronto won
    but yeah what DID Meek win
  • Meek could literally remain mute for the rest of his life and he'd still be a better MC than Drake.

Drake has been a pop star since day 1, Meek Mill was a battle rapper. In Philadelphia. A city with one of the most competetive and vicious battle rap scenes in the country.

In a straight, fair fight, Drake would have no chance.
  • He is successful and will continue to be, most likely.

But I cannot stand his music, and the recent wave of stannery has only made me like it even less.

I don't care that he's "soft" or whatever. I think he makes bad music, I do not give a single shit about Drake as a person. I think he makes bland, dry, pop music, and I do not like it at all. I have given it several chances across three projects, and I just don't care. I think it is bad.

And let me be like 100% clear here. I do listen to a lot of boom-bap, but I'm not some "ooh it's not real hip-hop" purist. It's absolutely hip-hop! It's just shitty, poppy hip-hop that I would never in my life be able to envision myself enjoying.

I seriously don't understand how someone as skilled as Lil Wayne mentored someone whose music is this boring.

I think the best thing I can say about Drake is that he didn't ruin "Poetic Justice".

Oh and that song with Makonnen where he lifted the melody from "The Pina Colada Song" was funny, if not actually good.

I said this and stand by it.
  • edited 2015-07-30 07:10:17

Anonus said:

but yeah what DID Meek win

according to former senior adviser to President Barack Obama Dan Pfeiffer, publicity
  • how boring do you have to be to stan for Drake
  • how boring do you have to be to stan for Drake
    Emile I am going to pick some top comments in the various threads--there's seriously like a dozen--about the Meek / Drake beef, and you can tell me, emphasis mine in some places:

Drake's sensitivity has kind of been overshadowed these past few days as he's acting like a viper and all that cottonelle softness is being displayed by Meek. But never forget.

At this point, he honestly might be untouchable though. What the fuck are you going to diss Drake about? Being soft and not being from the streets? He doesn't claim to have ever been about that life.

[Drake]'s definitely good. I'd love to see him vs Em though. With what Em has been putting out most recently, his Bad Meets Evil verses, freestyles, SHADY XV, etc. he's almost begging for someone to take him on. I think it would be a good back and forth.

Yea he was ready if someone called his name. I feel like Drizzy was waiting for this moment. His stock went even higher as if it wasnt high enough already.
  • This guy drake turning into a Young Hov, Prophet Mohammad Hovi

This has got to be one of the most enjoyable times to be on hhh

Not only HHH but I think it's gonna be great for Hip hop as a whole...Drake is so big culturally that this impacts anyone who uses Twitter/any social media or stays up to date with music...

I actually fucking hate this last person.
  • im literally laughing out loud
  • Meek finna wake up and find out his career's done

Edit: it'd go down like this

6:00 a.m in Philly

ring ring, ring ring, ring ring

yawn

"ugh.. who dis"

'Meek, this is your agent. You needa get up now. Drake just made another diss track about you'

"Nigga it's 6 in the fucking morning. Ain't no way that singing ass mo'fucking ghost writing nigga drop a track while I be sleeping"

'Meek, it's for real. I'll send you the link via Skype. Get your ass up now and listen to it'

"Tss.. Alright man, shit"

Meek goes to his laptop, opens it, and clicks open the link & listens to it

"Damn.. He even pointed out that I ain't drop a diss track in 4 days. This nigga fast as hell. Don't he sleep!?"

'Yeah. Thanks to this your record label is dropping you and they were wondering how tall you are so they could build the casket for you and your career, custom made with the print "Got bodied by a singin' nigga"

"watchu mean? I ain-"

'This is it Meek, your career's done'

"Bruh chill I ain't made a diss track y-

click. the phone hangs up on the other line

"Man.. I ain't ever should have messed with Aubrey"

Nicki walks into the room
    MEEK IM PREGNANT. AND IT'S DRAKE'S BABY

• edited 2015-07-30 07:27:02

What the fuck are you going to diss Drake about?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • i just like dont quite understand because like

besides his whole "i am sensitive man" shtick he seems so... profoundly unremarkable? he just doesnt seem to be the sort of figure who would inspire fervent devotion
  • it makes more sense when u consider that Drake is the 'Nice Guy' archetype embodied.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I think the best thing I can say about Drake is that he didn't ruin "Poetic Justice".
    This is somewhat off-topic, but is it wrong that I'm glad that "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" didn't make it out with Lady Gaga on it?

It's my favourite track on the album, and I have the feeling she wouldn't have been able to add anything to it that would make it better.
  • out of all of the "is it wrong"s in the history of this site, that one may be the one most deserving of a resounding no
  • she would have killed the vibe
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    She is a sinner, she'll definitely sin again...
  • have we gotten Anonus to listen to "Cartoons & Cereal" yet
    I think I played some of it once before I got distracted by something else
  • u gotta at least listen til the end of Gunplay's verse m8