How fun is Los Angeles?

edited 2015-07-25 23:23:41 in General
It's the "main" setting of Cirque du Yogi (the show's reality is somewhat tenuous anyway, but the converted warehouse where the lead characters live is there at least), so I sometimes wonder if it's a great place to be.

It's gotta be better than Gruteley, Louisiana, at any rate

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    los angeles is what you make of it

also traffic jams.  you can't really avoid the traffic jams.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Well they do drive a purple psychedelic VW bus, so they probably run into traffic frequently
  • It's great if you're there for Disneyland and not much else.  Kinda shit in all other circumstances.
  • ...I thought Disneyland was in Florida?

anyways, I know that there are a good number of really really nice boutiques in LA, Unionmade, H. Lorenzo & Union are all headquartered there and Opening Ceremony and OAK NYC have stores there as well, so I cant imagine how it could be a bad place to be. except for the heat. maybe a nice place to visit and go shopping?
    naney said:

...I thought Disneyland was in Florida?

anyways, I know that there are a good number of really really nice boutiques in LA, Unionmade, H. Lorenzo & Union are all headquartered there and Opening Ceremony and OAK NYC have stores there as well, so I cant imagine how it could be a bad place to be. except for the heat. maybe a nice place to visit and go shopping?
    That's Walt Disney World that's in Florida.
  • also ive never liked the idea of disneyland

mainly because i dont like any ride more scary than a slow ferris wheel

i am a scaredy cat u_u
  • Anonus said:

naney said:

...I thought Disneyland was in Florida?

That's Walt Disney World that's in Florida.
    jeez, why do you need multiple disney theme parks?
  • $33 for one 16" cheese pizza

OAO
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Naney is terrified of the Heffalumps and Woozels part of the Winnie The Pooh ride
  • edited 2015-07-26 01:51:13
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Because Walt Disney wanted to leverage his personal #brand, a mission carried on long after his death and into the present day by his namesake corporation
  • Odradek said:

Naney is terrified of the Heffalumps and Woozels part of the Winnie The Pooh ride

i am at least 30% sure i had to make my mom watch the show for me when they came on and tell me when i could come back into the room

granted i am older now but
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've been to Disney World twice and went on no more than 2-3 rides each time.

I am also scared of those things
  • Anonus said:

Because Walt Disney wanted to leverage his personal #brand, a mission carried on long after his death and into the present day by his namesake corporation

im sorry but a 33 dollar pizza is not a strong aesthetic
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    also yes the food is hella expensive
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

Odradek said:

i am at least 30% sure i had to make my mom watch the show for me when they came on and tell me when i could come back into the room

I'm sorry but that's adorable
  • Odradek said:

naney said:

Odradek said:

I'm sorry but that's adorable
    I had to do that for the customs trees in Pyjama Sam as well u_u
    I'm really not sure what I WANT to do in the LA area, other than to go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, or go to Dodger Stadium (though I'm hesitant and it's very disappointing that I've heard offputting things about all the remaining old ballparks)

I'm sure there's showbiz-related museums for me to go to though!
  • enough about my shame LET US LOOK AT COOL THINGS YOU COULD BUY IN LA

http://store.unionlosangeles.com/products/military-coat?variant=3835727941 (you may be wondering what the point of a wool coat with short sleeves is. I dont know the answer to that question)

http://shop.hlorenzo.com/products/mens/tops/tees/f15m1109_black (HBA is so awful and this shit is no exception but i still love this)

• kill living beings
  • naney said:

also ive never liked the idea of disneyland

i am a scaredy cat u_u
    we can be scaredy buddies bc I also hate intense rides.
  • naney said:

Anonus said:

im sorry but a 33 dollar pizza is not a strong aesthetic
    no but it is the name of my new memepunk band
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)

naney said:

i am a scaredy cat u_u

naney said:

i am a scaredy cat u_u

• edited 2015-07-26 06:20:14
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Anonus said:

I'm really not sure what I WANT to do in the LA area, other than to go to Disneyland or Universal Studios, or go to Dodger Stadium (though I'm hesitant and it's very disappointing that I've heard offputting things about all the remaining old ballparks)

I'm sure there's showbiz-related museums for me to go to though!
    Shannon and I have gone to several of the museums and plan on going to more of them.  (Though I don't actually know of any showbiz-related ones.  I think there might've been some showbiz-related stuff at LACMA that we didn't go to because it cost extra or something)
  • They occassionally have exhibits that cost extra, yeah. The one that was showing when you went con mi familia was Kubrick. But yeah there are TONS AND TONS of show biz related museums.