Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You know what, i really like this

i like the aesthetic of it, it looks really cool

old timey theme parks
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    In Poland, France, and the Netherlands, Amusement Parks are often referred to as "Lunaparks"
    Also in Turkey and Italy, apparently.

Apparently these things exist all over.  i wonder how i went so long without ever having heard of them.
    Well how often do non-Disney Non-Universal amusement parks get talked about?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There is/was an amusement park in Cincinnati called "Coney Island". Its original name was "Ohio Grove: The Coney Island of the West", so yes, it was essentially named as cash-in on the real Coney Island.

In the late '60s/early '70s Taft Broadcasting bought the park and moved all its best rides to Kings Mills...creating a new amusement park, whose name I'm sure you can guess. :P
  • edited 2015-07-14 01:45:46
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ not a lot i suppose

i figured the reason i hear about Disneyland Paris fairly often is because it's relatively close

Alton Towers is fairly popular here, the recent accident notwithstanding

There is/was an amusement park in Cincinnati called "Coney Island". Its original name was "Ohio Grove: The Coney Island of the West", so yes, it was essentially named as cash-in on the real Coney Island.

In the late '60s/early '70s Taft Broadcasting bought the park and moved all its best rides to Kings Mills...creating a new amusement park, whose name I'm sure you can guess. :P

There was a Luna Park in Ohio too

lunapark002.jpg
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The Dread Taft Broadcasting
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

The Dread Taft Broadcasting
    No, that's not the name of the park
    Kingsmill, you say?

it was Bread Island, i expect
    Tachyon said:

Kingsmill, you say?

it was Bread Island, i expect

Is this a British joke I don't get
    yes
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that clown mouth thing is scary
    i agree, a bit.

But i feel it has a certain charm.
  • I am gonna use all of these for album covers
    Luna_Park_at_night_1906.jpg

luna park 1944.jpg

1996.164.10-22 IMLS SL2.jpg
    more cool photos!

lights!
    PNuQ3EJ.jpg
    Open that one in a new tab and check out the signs.

Gentlemen will not get gay
    it takes more than that to kill a bull moose