The Telephone Booth of the Heapers' Hangout

These are still a thing in Centralia because all the magical energy can make the mobile phone networks less reliable than they are in, say, Canada, Switzerland, or The Land of Ooo.

This thread brought to you by Centralia Telecom!

Comments

• EDIT: nvm I can do things with this idea
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    does this booth accept coins?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (9 minutes, that was longer than I expected :P)

Of course! What kind of payphone would it be if it didn't take coins? A not very useful one, that's what.
  • edited 2015-07-01 01:37:18
    kill living beings
    All Centralian telephone booths are required by royal decree to accept coins as long as those coins have the princess's face on them and/or are chocolate coins. Please consult Annex 81 of Decree A6-1983-4 for standard monetary conversion rates as apply to telephony under current exchange rates. Or just guess that a chocolate coin is probably enough for a few minutes, like everybody else does.
    lol, i was elsewhere

some of them are card only, so i asked

what colour is the kiosk?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

lol, i was elsewhere

some of them are card only, so i asked

what colour is the kiosk?

Whatever colour your heart desires.

(I only have the vaguest picture of what this thing looks like, except that a more ornate British kiosk is more in keeping with the Centralia theme than the few more utilitarian looking ones I've seen in America)
  • is there a Centralian equivalent of The Mojave Phonebooth
    there should be

something like this CA?

or a little more old-fashioned?

The first one has a crown, but the second one looks more inviting and more Centie somehow
  • i like the second one more
  • and it is green
    Well, that's just the paintwork.  Red is more usual for British Post Office/GPO kiosks, but you do see other colours from time to time, usually when the kiosks are operated by someone other than BT.

i see no reason you couldn't incorporate a crown into an otherwise K1-esque design, CA.
    Tachyon said:

i see no reason you couldn't incorporate a crown into an otherwise K1-esque design, CA.

See, ideas like this are why you're the...uh...

...what was your Centralia title again? Royal Kitty Cat? No, that was Naney...
    i don't think i ever had a Centralia title
    Tachyon said:

well this is a massive oversight if i've ever seen one

unless you don't want one i suppose
  • The Royal Tachyon

whose name, entirely coincidentally, is also Tachyon
    a Centralia title would be rad
    btw

is there a particular colour associated with Centralia, or with public services in Centralia?

because if so the kiosks should be that colour imo
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Tachyon said:

well this is a massive oversight if i've ever seen one

unless you don't want one i suppose
    The exact title is currently under consideration, good Tach.
    Tachyon said:

btw

is there a particular colour associated with Centralia, or with public services in Centralia?

because if so the kiosks should be that colour imo

I suppose pink and purple would be too obvious a choice :P
    Also the unicorn would be our official animal except I think Scotland beat us to it
    ^^^ rad!

^ alas, they did
    have you considered the narwhal?  it's like a unicorn that's also a dolphin

alternatively, alicorn
  • edited 2015-07-01 02:46:00
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Narhwal would be a nice choice, considering Centralia is the home of the King and Queen of the Ocean!
    Specifically, they live in a cool old reef off the coast of Buttercup Bay.

Their daughter, the Princess of the Ocean, is a friend of mine

Also she can breathe underwater