11 bands you thought were great, but which are actually quite shit

#11: Staind
Their musical career is a STAINd some of us want removed from history!

#10: Snow
What does lickie boom boom down even mean? He may have been popular in his native Jamaica, but this weed-loving Rasta should never have crossed the sea.

#9: Starland Vocal Band
It would be an "afternoon delight" to never hear their most famous song, "Liberated Woman" again

#8: Drew's Famous
Some might like the Pokemon theme, but others find it quite shit.

#7: Avatar
There were many people that saw this movie and found the story to be dull. Plus, what did M. Night Shyamalan feel like he was doing, turning Aang Airbender into a blue spacerabbit?

#6 The dude that sang that one "Wiggle Wiggle" song. I think he was famous? He sang that song about the Rolling Stones? 
This might be a good song for Australian children, but for adults, it fails hard.

#5: Shorty Shitstain
Yuck. We'll stick to Tupac, thanks.

#4: Braid
One word: Pretentious time travel indie game

#3: Rebecca Black
The kids may love her, but we sure don't!

#2: Nickelback
Sorry butrockers. Scott Stapp can't sing.

#1: The Beetles
A Day In The Life. Need we say more?

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It's like that one AOL Music list whose sole reason for existing was to make fun of Jersey Shore.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

#6 The dude that sang that one "Wiggle Wiggle" song. I think he was famous? He sang that song about the Rolling Stones? 
    This might be a good song for Australian children, but for adults, it fails hard.
    I think that was Deep Purple.

I'm pretty sure Bob Dylan was the one who sang that song about Frank Zappa being set on fire. The riff of that song alone redeems him for his subsequent crimes against history, IMO.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I laughed at #7
  • Odradek said:

What does lickie boom boom down even mean? He may have been popular in his native Jamaica, but this weed-loving Rasta should never have crossed the sea.
    Wikipedia said:

Darrin Kenneth O'Brien (born October 30, 1969), better known by his stage name Snow, is a Canadian reggae musician. He is best known for his 1993 single "Informer", which reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100.[1]

What a mess.
  • Wikipedia said:

In Ethnicity, Politics, and Public Policy: Case Studies in Canadian Diversity, Rebecca J. Haines examined Snow as a symbol of Canadian ethnic identity. Instead of hiding his "whiteness" and "Canadian-ness," Haines argues, Snow proudly boasts of his Irish heritage and traces his reggae roots to the diverse community of Allenbury. While other artists, such as Snoop Dogg, don a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey because of its resemblance to cannabis, "in the video for his single Anything For You, shot on location in Jamaica, the white Canadian reggae artist Snow is seen wearing the same jersey (Maple Leafs), perhaps in an attempt to proclaim his Canadian roots among the all black cast of this video."

now that's just weird
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

Wikipedia said:

Darrin Kenneth O'Brien (born October 30, 1969), better known by his stage name Snow, is a Canadian reggae musician. He is best known for his 1993 single "Informer", which reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100.[1]

What a mess.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    this made me grin

have my upvote