Cartoon Network is being manipulated by the cultural marxists to choose new voice actresses

I have more information on my updog account. #PuffGate

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    On one hand, Strong, McCracken, et al. have careers spanning over two decades and absolutely should have conducted themselves with more professionalism, lest they burn their bridges with Cartoon Network, which is a household name and not some rinky-dink operation.

On the other hand: It’s an unwritten rule in animation that if a character endures, they are played by the same voice actor until that person dies or is otherwise unable to do the voice(s) anymore. Mel Blanc was Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck et al. until he died (and Yosemite Sam until he could no longer do the voice). Daws Butler was Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Elroy Jetson et al. until he died (and an attempt by then-owner of Hanna-Barbera, Taft Broadcasting, to replace him did not go over well). Don Messick was Scooby-Doo, Boo Boo, Muttley, Astro, et al. until he was no longer able to work. June Foray is still Rocky the flying squirrel.

I can understand the old crew's outrage, despite feeling that it was unprofessional to express it publicly. And recasting the title roles hasn’t given me much confidence that the new PPG will be much more than a hollow milking of an old franchise property. I wish all involved the best, but still.

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Panurge said:

What's updog, is it anything like bofa?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Anonus said:

On one hand, Strong, McCracken, et al. have careers spanning over two decades and absolutely should have conducted themselves with more professionalism, lest they burn their bridges with Cartoon Network, which is a household name and not some rinky-dink operation.

On the other hand: It’s an unwritten rule in animation that if a character endures, they are played by the same voice actor until that person dies or is otherwise unable to do the voice(s) anymore. Mel Blanc was Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck et al. until he died (and Yosemite Sam until he could no longer do the voice). Daws Butler was Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Elroy Jetson et al. until he died (and an attempt by then-owner of Hanna-Barbera, Taft Broadcasting, to replace him did not go over well). Don Messick was Scooby-Doo, Boo Boo, Muttley, Astro, et al. until he was no longer able to work. June Foray is still Rocky the flying squirrel.

I can understand the old crew's outrage, despite feeling that it was unprofessional to express it publicly. And recasting the title roles hasn’t given me much confidence that the new PPG will be much more than a hollow milking of an old franchise property. I wish all involved the best, but still.

I feel bad when people waste a seriouspost on  one of my joke threads
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    that's a copy-paste of a post he made on his blog i think
    Calica said:

Panurge said:

What's updog, is it anything like bofa?
    Poni, don't try to fool me into that.

I mean, can't we just get beyond thunderdome?
    Panurge said:

Anonus said:

I feel bad when people waste a seriouspost on  one of my joke threads
    it's mostly copy-pasted

and I can post it somewhere else if need be!
  • sometimes when i don't understand a thread, at least i can recognize what the topic is, even if it is unfamiliar to me

this is not one of those times
    Cartoon Network is doing a new version of The Powerpuff Girls

The women who voiced the girls in the original series (Tara Strong was Bubbles, Cathy Cavandini was Blossom, and E.G. Daily was Buttercup) were not even approached by CN to reprise the roles (as they had been in years past), and they were replaced by new actors (Kristen Li as Bubbles, Amanda Leighton as Blossom, and Natalie Palmides as Buttercup)
  • Remember when Tara Strong voiced Raven in Injustice and didn't do the voice we remember from Teen Titans and instead did this gravely voice altered thing?

• I'd imagine that's probably because of the change in tone (and, presumably, Raven's age) between TT and Injustice, though I do agree that it's a bit odd
  • Also I'm basically with Anonus on all points presented
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Anonus said:

That's only a rule if in some strange way, the character has remained the "same" in all productions.

Superman has been played by many different voice actors, for each different incarnation, and so has Batman and Lex Luthor and so on.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    is that any reason why this "rule" (which i still find somewhat dubious) would not hold in the case of PPG?

are you suggesting that the characters are being drastically changed?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    MachSpeed said:

Anonus said:

That's only a rule if in some strange way, the character has remained the "same" in all productions.

Superman has been played by many different voice actors, for each different incarnation, and so has Batman and Lex Luthor and so on.
    1. The PPG are still basically the "same" in this incarnation, though.

2. It's an unspoken rule that Kevin Conroy does all the "serious" Batman voice roles, even if different people are recruited to do the less serious ones, so the unspoken rule still does apply to Batman in a way, too.
  • What does cultural Marxism even mean? Seems like just a weird buzzword.
    What does cultural Marxism even mean? Seems like just a weird buzzword.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Conspiracy_theory
  • Oh so basically I was right.
  • It's probably for the best.  If they had the old VA's, I wouldn't be able to look at Bubbles without hearing the psycho loli from Mortal Kombat.
  • edited 2015-06-11 04:12:01
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Bee said:

It's probably for the best.  If they had the old VA's, I wouldn't be able to look at Bubbles without hearing the psycho loli from Mortal Kombat.

Tara Strong has a large vocal range though

Spot from 101 Dalmatians: The Series doesn't sound anything like Bubbles, who doesn't sound anything like Twilight
    (on the other hand, Two-Tone from 101 definitely sounds like Twilight)
    Her Harley Quinn voice does phase into her Bubbles voice though
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I just think the unwritten rule is bullshit.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Panurge said:

Her Harley Quinn voice does phase into her Bubbles voice though

And Bubbles phases into Timmy Turner, and Timmy phases into Twilight Sparkle.

It's like Six Degrees of Tara Strong or something.