Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I got an email earlier today imploring me to donate so as to fight against this deal

I'm not sure why the advocacy groups I hear from were silent about this until now
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-08-19 04:01:54
    I'll admit, I'm a little less pressed over this one than I was about Comcast buying TWC or the AT&DirecTV deal because it's not making as big a company and Charter's planning to improve customer service and prices for TWC customers

(I still wanna switch to Google Fiber at home though, tbh, because Google)
    Google Fiber scares me because I am paranoid
  • Only thing that makes me somewhat nervous about it is the possibility of my more legally dubious behaviour being tracked by a company that may be more proactive in punitive measures than TWC (who, for all intents and purposes, don't give a fuck, at least in Raleigh)

Other than that, though, the allure of gigabit internet is enough to spur me toward influencing my family to make the switch
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

Google Fiber scares me because I am paranoid

It's understandable to be paranoid of Google.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    We already use Google's search engine, email service, web browser, video site, and operating system. I'm not sure there's much they could learn about us through Fiber that they don't already know.
  • I think if you really tried you could get away with using no Google products other than Youtube, just because there's not really a good alternative there.

Granted Yahoo! isn't great, but it exists
  • They're officially one company now, apparently.

Nothing has changed, but I'd imagine we'll start to see the transition over the next year.

(One decent thing about it: no more confusing the other Time Warner with TWC, though we still have to deal with the stupid Time Warner =/= Warner Music Group bullshit)
    (God, don't I know it)