Butt Ugly Martians

Comments

• edited 2015-07-09 03:55:32
    My dreams exceed my real life
    MV5BMTUzODIxNjA0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjg5OTg4._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    racism
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Butt_Ugly_Martians.jpg
  • can't say that the title wasn't appropriate

I think we have a licensed sleeping bag lying around here somewhere, though I don't nearly care about BUM (pfft) enough to get a picture
  • also, all signs point to the show also having a decent amount of Butt-Ugly Humans
  • racism

I thought I saw it for a moment, but I don't think so. they look more like ugly white people than ugly people of another race.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The amount of A-list voice talent in this show is so weird to me

Two of the three title characters were voiced by Rob Paulsen and Jess Harnell, Kath Soucie voiced two of the female characters...
  • I still can't believe that I didn't start this thread
    the fact that two of the four shows on their short-lived SLAM! block were this and Super Duper Sumos made me - and mind you, I was seven or eight - wonder, from the names of the shows alone, what the fuck went wrong at Nickelodeon
    like, for their obligatory flown-in CGI cartoon, Cartoon Network had Sitting Ducks

Nick had THIS

I think that settles things
  • I don't remember anything about Sitting Ducks save for a vague sense that it was boring
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    why do the humans in this look like Poser models

Tucker said:

I don't remember anything about Sitting Ducks save for a vague sense that it was boring

it was an alright show for what it was (CN's vague attempt to have a basis for a preschool block that, in 2003, never materialized)
    each and every attempt by Cartoon Network to get into preschool failed, and they eventually gave up

not even 1998's team-up with the Children's Television Workshop (now Sesame Workshop) worked

2005's Tickle-U flopped (I remember reading that they wanted to turn Tickle-U into a full-fledged channel that would have replaced Boomerang, but that never happened)

2007's Mr. Men Show and Land Before Time series didn't take off