Mental Voice Casts

Basically, any form of media that has dialogue that is not (fully) voice-acted would perhaps tempt you to give the characters voices yourself. Which voice actors best fit those voices?

Comments

• edited 2015-03-30 05:53:04
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    so yeah for Cucumber Quest (this isn't complete):

Pamela Adlon: Cucumber
    Grey DeLisle: Almond, Cordelia
    Jeff Bennett: Carrot (has this sort of British voice), Commander Caboodle (sounds like a cross between Dexter's dad and Johnny Bravo)
    Tara Strong: Princess Nautilus
    Kristen Schaal: Peridot
    Kevin Michael Richardson: Splashmaster
    Tom Kenny: Noisemaster
  • edited 2015-03-30 05:57:25
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'd do Homestuck characters, but the only ones I'm absolutely positive about are Karkat and Vriska.
  • maybe Peridot and Nautilus should switch voice actors

it's just that I thought casting Schaal as a bad guy would be interesting and I fear that Schaal is going to be in everything in a couple years' time and everyone will be sick of her by then

though it's not like using the same voice for a lot of the same types of characters is unheard of (Daws Butler's voices that would most concretely be used for Fibber Fox and Hokey Wolf, Jean Vander Pyl's "maternal" voice that would eventually become that of Maw Rugg)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    To be honest Schaal's Mabel Pines / Louise Belcher voice is pretty close to her real voice. She doesn't have a lot of range as a voice actor, at least not compared to more prominent ones.