The Compline Game -- Signup & Discussion

edited 2015-03-07 18:49:50 in Roleplay & Games
You're an individual living in the Brink, a massive city stuck at an unstable point between realms. Like all unstable points, it is a place of great unpredictability, where what would normally be physically impossible is merely improbable, and is therefore frequented by magicians, artificers, and other madmen with gleams in their eyes. Unfortunately, like most cities formed outside of a strict governing system, it's also a loosely regulated place, filled with thieves and mercenaries and other who profit off of the suffering of others. You've eked out a living in this unusual corner of the multiverse, and you used to think that you'd seen everything.

However, a few weeks ago, you began to hear music in your sleep. A quiet lullaby, emerging from your subconscious like the rising of the tides, like a dulcet harp in the distance. But it is not alone. It comes with the voice of a siren who sings of strange things: a great awakening, a resurrection of the gods, a time for questing. She promises that you will share in this destiny, that you will achieve your greatest dream, if you will swear fealty.

And this is where our adventure begins. If you sign up for this, you'll get to participate in the great game of deities, fight other players in the game for arcane artifacts, and follow the orders of an esoteric presence in return for some cool powers and your heart's greatest desire. Does that sound fun? I hope it sounds fun.

I believe that we'll be using the Tavern Tales system for this. Well, a variation of it, at the very least. 

But never mind that. What I'll need from you right now is:

Name:

In addition, I'll need you to pick out two traits from the typical Tavern Tales themes. These can't be from the Occultism or Faith themes. I may consider allowing a third trait, so keep that in mind, I guess.
Tagged:

Comments