The Comic Heap

I've got an idea for a collective Heaper project. We should have a shared universe for superhero comics. We'd coordinate larger continuity and run creative ideas here for feedback. What do you think?

Comments

• Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    So I'm thinking of a comic hero who has powers relating to coldness and shadows. In warmer and sunnier weather, the hero becomes less effective. The hero is a university student.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Idea for an origin for most of the superhuman stuff: 25 years ago, there was an event whose cause is still being debated (several events that might have caused it occurred around the same time). People began manifesting with superhuman powers, and any powers that already existed became more potent. Many with powers decided to take inspiration from comics. The world as a whole, however, was not ready--with the global power structure still trying to adapt to this new development: some superhumans take over countries. Some countries register superhumans, some kill them on sight. Some still have yet to tackle the issue on a national scale. Some superhumans try to band together, many oppose this. Some become popular entertainers. Most use it for personal gain, and thus corruption, brutality, and organized crime have all been on the uptick....
  • Noting my interest. 

I don't wish to create a superhero -- feel like that ground's well-covered already -- but I am interested in creating a regular character in such a universe
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    See, I was once part of such a collective. Of the best folks I knew. But eventually we all just drifted apart and did other things.