What was the appeal of Two and a Half Men

from what I can glean everybody in it is an asshole and not in a good way, or at least this was the case when Charlie Sheen was on the show

Comments

• it's just really fun to watch a couple of dudes chat whilst standing next to the corpse of a bisected bystander
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Man I own Warner Bros., I've been on the set of the show and that's not what it's about

Plus that fuddy duddy Moonves would NEVER allow his network to run something like that
  • Anonus said:

Man I own Warner Bros., I've been on the set of the show and that's not what it's about

your senses deceive you
  • real talk: sometimes the remote is too far away
    I also read that the old people who watch CBS love it because CBS has Old People Hypnotism Powers
    but yeah Chuck Lorre's empire is kind of baffling to me

Dharma Montgomery is an annoying one-note character, The Big Bang Theory is at best moderately amusing and at worst cringeworthy, and I haven't watched Mike & Molly or Mom
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    You forget that the average TV-watcher has terrible taste.

If they had better taste, they'd be reading a book or something
    which book
    also when people talk about the show nobody talks about how singing "meeeeen" marks every scene transition
    any book other than Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

any book other than Fifty Shades of Grey

imipolex g: a big twilight purist
    Anonus said:

also when people talk about the show nobody talks about how singing "meeeeen" marks every scene transition

Twilight must remain pure! I guess.

Also
    Anonus said:

Anonus said:

how singing "meeeeen" marks every scene transition

does this actually happen?
    yeah
    i remember seeing episodes long ago and it seemed to be really really mean-spirited towards the man who wasn't charlie sheen
    how long ago

like are we talking "Viacom still owned CBS" long ago
  • I feel like I might be able to track down the reason why this ended up being a thread

and for that, I am sorry
  • let me guess, it's my desire to "buy" CBS?
  • also ABC Warner already owning the show
  • ... never mind, then
  • huh?
  • no man please come back ;_;
  • Tre said:

RB2 made the upgrade worth it by significantly boosting the build quality of the pack-in instruments, giving the gameplay a sheen that Ashton Kutcher would envy, and rounding out the package with a setlist of songs so diverse and indelible that six years haven't hurt my enjoyment of the highlights a bit.

from a post I made
  • Oh
  • tbh I didn't ever watch it

and if the reports of its misogyny have weight, I probably won't start any time soon

(the fact that Lorre is also behind Big Bang is not helping the case)
  • And let's not forget the beloved classic Dharma & Greg
  • which I've heard of but haven't actually seen

my guess is that it probably isn't the world's best sitcom
  • edited 2015-02-23 14:16:28
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's literally called "Dharma and Greg."

How could it be good?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Calica said:

i remember seeing episodes long ago and it seemed to be really really mean-spirited towards the man who wasn't charlie sheen

That always annoyed me too

Plus Charlie never seemed to get any kind of comeuppance even when he was being an outright asshole
    winning
  • Calica said:

That always annoyed me too

Plus Charlie never seemed to get any kind of comeuppance even when he was being an outright asshole
    well he eventually died in-show

but then turned out not to be dead and "his" ashes were actually the ashes of a bisexual goat

but he got killed off in the finale when a piano fell on him
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't even tell whether you're making that up or not
  • It happened in canon

The details are too NSFW to outline here
    I just read a summary, it did indeed happen
  • You seem to be under the hazardous impression that Two and a Half Men has appeal.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.