"Let's Play Graphic Designer!" with Tre [image-hella]

TreTre
edited 2015-02-24 06:31:11 in Design
Hello there, fellow Heapers. As most of you guys are aware, I'm a fan of graphic design, to the point where I try my hand at it in various projects and stuff just for fun's sake.

This thread is intended to hold those little nuggets of things, almost like Anonus's but not as Anonus-y. and probably not as good either but w/e w/e
Tagged:

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You think I'm better than you?
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-02-18 07:00:59
    Just wanted to get that weirdo first post out of the way so I'd have something resembling the usual format. So!

I put a few of my ideas of how Sony's LiveArea menu on the Vita ought to look up in my personal thread, but I ended up making more so I'll round 'em up here:

The current version of LiveArea is functionally sound but visually lacking, and has been the subject of many a jeer from critics and Vita owners alike. Essentially, the goal with this was to make something that would be more in line with the design guidelines that Sony put in place with the PS4, but wouldn't sacrifice everything that the current interface has to offer.

I'll still have to finalize it, but I'm thinking that underneath the home screen it'll have the user's currently running apps on display in a manner similar to a card stack (gotta love that Palm webOS influence, even in 2015), which the user can then manipulate the same way the Vita already offers with the "papers" on the current UI, but without the instruction manual/refresh screen/etc. buttons (as those have been moved to the home screen).

Also, the "All Apps" button up top overlays a display similar to the current LiveArea homescreen, just in case anyone misses the 4-5-4 arrangement that the old one uses. The user should be able to organize it as they see fit.
    just looked it up and yeah yours is way better
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-02-18 07:18:56
    ^__^

(For reference and if anyone's lazy, here's the current version:)

• Anonus said:

You think I'm better than you?

-shrugs intensely-

crossposted from the scheduling thread 

for posterity
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-02-24 06:31:29
    also some of my old work because LOL YUP

• Some recent Skullboy work:

• If I ever manage to make this music thing work out I'm putting that skull badge on everything and u are gonna get so many royalties.
  • Mad stacks, yo. ^__^
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-05-04 01:37:35
    Oh my god, I just realized that the "llb" in "Skullboy" matches with the three little teeth that the Skullbadge has!

I didn't even mean to do that, but it's so cool.
  • I still prefered the allcaps TRVRWHTVR branding to trevor whatevr, but that is just my opinion.
  • I mainly use TRVRWHTVR for remix-related things. I like the name a lot, but it's always kinda been a secondary moniker type deal, same way that you were as Forest Rites and Pink Kokane.

If I ever go professional I might use it instead of "Trevor Whatevr" since there are musicians already known as "Trevor Whatevr" and "Treva Whateva" (eugh), but it's not a priority right now.
  • you should do that and then do a song with STRFKR, MSTRKRFT, and SBTRKT.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

you should do that and then do a song with STRFKR, MSTRKRFT, and SBTRKT.

most of those sound like they could be programming languages
  • you should do that and then do a song with STRFKR, MSTRKRFT, and SBTRKT.

most of those sound like they could be programming languages
    Starfucker, Masterkraft, and Subtrakt are electronic musicians.

Subtrakt is also the sort of person who searches his own name on twitter to see if people are gossiping about him. We have had words in the past.
    Took it upon myself to try to fix what Anonus called "shit design".

Burger King's position is pretty unique; they're undeniably a well known brand, but they lost their #2 spot in the fast food industry to Wendy's and they just merged with Tim Hortons as a company not too long ago. Their current logo has been around for sixteen years, and it's getting to the point in its life where the pimples need to be popped.

One thing BK really has done well with is its branding of the Whopper; it evokes the look of the sandwich itself without being overly illustrative. Furthermore, the experiment with the "Proud Whopper" they did back in 2013 proves that the square is a fairly versatile bit of iconography.

Extending that device to the rest of the BK brand allows the company to create a unique visual identifier for almost all of their items, but it also unifies the brand too-- no longer will it seem erratic and disjointed, as it has in the past. (I'll get back to you guys on my solution for the Chicken Fries!)
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Might I suggest adding a bit of AA to the crown? It's kinda jaggy lookin' right now, which contrasts sharply with the smooth and defined lines of the burger itself and the font. 
  • shouldn't the buns be a bit darker in color too?
  • Oh please.  We all know what a Whopper really looks like.

• pfffffffffffffffttttttttt
  • Anyway, I did actually make those changes, and also looked at how the Whopper variant of the logo looked on a fry box and some possible identity sorta things.

• ur actually really good
  • ^__________^
  • i still like the current BK logo more though

it just seems so... essential to what Burger King is

full of 90's 'tude
  • Tre said:

I laughed at this one. But yeah, these are really good.
  • naney said:

i still like the current BK logo more though

it just seems so... essential to what Burger King is

full of 90's 'tude

I thought BK got over the '90s 'tude and morphed into very modern-day surrealism years ago
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    naney said:

ur actually really good

• Now just have these narrated by a white man in his early 30s and you'll have all possible demographics on lock.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    naney said:

ur actually really good

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "No highways necessary"

-30000000 PrincessPoints

Just kiddin'. I actually like these a lot.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

ur actually really good

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Central Avenue said:"No highways necessary"
    -30000000 PrincessPoints
    Just kiddin'. I actually like these a lot.

I think the correct question you should ask is "What if my way
    is the highway?"

I came up with an interesting logo kinda thigny on accident.

So I was attempting to do some new header art for my Tumblr using my standard "trespeak." wordmark and while I was trying to come up with an interesting way to include the .xyz part of my domain I stumbled upon this and liked it

I ended up polishing it a bit to let it stand on its own too:

Breaking news: ABC overseer Anonus Utilis hires Trespeak Design to make a new logo for WXYZ Detroit
    It wouldn't replace the Circle 7 though, just complement it