Twin Peaks was popular in Japan

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I think these were listed out of order, but in a way, this might just improve the experience
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Amazing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The weird thing was that they got Fire Walk With Me first and then that movie's success made them seek out the show.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Huh. So it really is the best anime.
  • edited 2015-07-24 04:14:08
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Kurou Daijuuji is a poor detective living in Arkham City. One day, he was requested by Ruri Hadou of Hadou Financial Group, to search for a magic book. While he initially refused, Ruri offered him a large sum of money upon completion of her request, in which bribed Kurou to accept. As Kurou searches for the book, he unexpectedly runs into Al, a pretty girl that is actually a powerful grimoire. They forge a contract with each other, bestowing Kurou with powerful magic. Soon afterwards, Al also activates Demonbane, a deus machina owned by the Hadou Financial Group, to combat the mechanical menace from the Black Lodge. With this, the war between the Hadou Financial Group and the Black Lodge begins.
    The writer for this also did the Zangetsu half of Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden which featured multiple scenes in its 30-minute runtime about how bad the Kureshima maid's apple pie was, making it the anti-Twin Peaks.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    MetaFour said:

Huh. So it really is the best anime.

• Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Imagine my sadness when I realized another band had already released a "Black Lodge E.P." when I thought of the idea
  • You should lodge a complaint
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was a blockbuster hit in Japan, which was weird, because they got it before they got the series proper, and also it wasn't super-huge anywhere else.
    this came up in tmp voice call
  • Odradek said:

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was a blockbuster hit in Japan, which was weird, because they got it before they got the series proper, and also it wasn't super-huge anywhere else.

But the series was huge in the United States when it came out.  Approximately 15% of Americans watched the pilot.  It even managed to damage the Nielsen ratings for Cheers.
    I think the main point is just that the popularity of the movie was below that of the series in most places, but Japan ended up getting the movie first for some reason, and that was popular enough the series got brought over
    Oh and also in the VC: Jane incredibly baffled by the existence of a character named BOB
  • Calica said:

I think the main point is just that the popularity of the movie was below that of the series in most places, but Japan ended up getting the movie first for some reason, and that was popular enough the series got brought over

Oh, that is unusual.