the mediocrity of Yum! Brands

Pizza Hut pizza smells funny. Taco Bell is...a bit underwhelming to me. As is KFC. Also they serve Pepsi products (considering the company Yum! was spun off from this is unsurprising) and not Coke products.

They don't own Long John Silver's anymore though...which might be good, as long as that combination Taco Bell-Long John Silver's by my house does not ditch the Long John Silver's part.

Comments

• Taco Bell's Meal Deals are pretty baller

doritos, a burrito, and a medium soda for 2.75 or so

haven't been to a pizza hut in over a decade
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    but what about KFC
  • Never even seen a Long John Silver's
  • KFC gave me and my sister food poisoning
  • and its got lame "old southern white dude" aesthetics, 0/10 would not be associated with
  • I'd rather go to White Castle

they got those sacks of onion chips with the horseradish sauce

every restaurant should have some sort of horseradish sauce

there ought to be a law
    naney said:

Never even seen a Long John Silver's

they seem to be too rare
    naney said:

and its got lame "old southern white dude" aesthetics, 0/10 would not be associated with

the only old southern white dude I look up to in any way is one Robert Edward Turner, but you knew that
  • edited 2015-01-30 07:29:46

You know what fucked me up about Pennsylvania?

the fact that Dunkin' Donuts was like

omnipresent

I must have seen at least 15 different ones in my brief time there
  • like yoooooooooo donuts everywhere
    one opened five minutes from my house a couple of months ago

anyway Michigan is full of things that Colorado has none of: Meijer, White Castle, Tim Hortons...
  • no white castles?

that's kinda weird

not that you're missing out, onion chips aside
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    There are Dunkin Donuts shops everywhere here, too, most of which are franchised. My brother complains that most of them are out of donuts by the end of the workday.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i can't remember if i've even seen a white castle
    I've never actually been to White Castle, but I had the food when I went to see friends back in 1999, and it was okay. Then again, I'm a sucker for cheap fast-food burgers.
    naney said:

no white castles?

that's kinda weird

not that you're missing out, onion chips aside

they seem to be an east coast/midwestern thing

TV Commercial for White Castle..... by videohollic
    ol' Ray doesn't seem to let his videos be embedded
    There were plenty of jokes about the White Castle sliders "mutating" like they were The Stuff or something.
    isn't The Stuff the pink slime from Ghostbusters II
  • Anonus said:

isn't The Stuff the pink slime from Ghostbusters II

yeah, basically sliders
  • of course sliders aren't pink

because cardboard is grey
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I used to like Taco Bell more when I was a young 'un.

Long John Silvers is usually good.

KFC doesn't appeal to me because I'm meh on chicken and the aforementioned old white southern guy aesthetic
  • Pizza Hut is fine.

KFCs might be the least sanitary fast food restaurant, I seem to get food poisoning every time I go there regardless of what I order and that doesn't happen at say, Popeye's.

There used to be a Long John Silver's up here that was adjoined to an Arby's (which I love), but they changed that half of the store to a Taco Bell.
  • edited 2015-01-30 16:18:17
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Popeyes is the best, but I often can't afford to eat there. Also, it's in the city, so I almost never eat there.

I like Mos Burger the second best, but it gives me the best food, the smallest portions, for the most money. Same problem with Popeyes.

KFC, McDonalds, Burger King...these are all fine for me. Not the best, but fine. Miles better than Long John Silver, where they serve you huge lumps of fried, tasteless fish and chicken, on a flimsy foam plate. They have the gall to serve little fried bits of nothing as food, what name escapes me right now. They don't even serve clams.

Of course, I'm not an American. I live nowhere near America. So my experiences are wildly different from any of yours.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Chipotle is pretty good.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    hold up hold up, there are plenty of white castles in michigan

i should know, a friend of mine fuckin' loves white castle and i think it's the devil's food
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    also the stuff is a movie about this weird marshmellowy stuff that takes over your body when you eat it
  • suddenly i want to eat fried chicken.
  • Popeyes is better than KFC
  • I just know I refuse to patronize the Chick-fil-A on campus.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm surprised the two Taco Bells on High Street aren't closer to campus. You'd think there'd definitely be a market for cheap fake Mexican food for college students.
  • There's a Taco Bell on my campus.

Unfortunately, it closes at 8 PM Monday through Thursday and closes at 3 PM on Friday.

I do frequently patronize it nevertheless.  My usual is a black bean burrito and a seven-layer burrito.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    there's a taco bell near me and a taco bell on campus but i don't eat at taco bell because i mostly remember it as the place that made me sick
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    The one thing I unequivocally like about Taco Bell is Baja Blast Mountain Dew.
  • Whenever I eat at Pizza Hut my innards feel like they're killing themselves afterwards