a trans isothread

edited 2015-01-28 00:26:07 in General
Your functional group has cooties, so I'm keeping mine away from it.

Comments

• kill living beings
    >2011
    >not a trans cisthread
    >ishygddt

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    See, I knew it. Everyone says it. Between 2011 and 2015, 99% of current transsexuals decided they were trans. It's trendy! If you "came out" during this time period, you are just another molecule in a sea of transtrenders and so you miss the target gender and go flying into the "2010s transtrender" category. Oops!! This sure wasn't what you wanted, but you "came out" and everything! Now what?
  • edited 2015-01-28 09:28:21
    Cream said:

See, I knew it. Everyone says it. Between 2011 and 2015, 99% of current transsexuals decided they were trans. It's trendy! If you "came out" during this time period, you are just another molecule in a sea of transtrenders and so you miss the target gender and go flying into the "2010s transtrender" category. Oops!! This sure wasn't what you wanted, but you "came out" and everything! Now what?

Well if you came out of the solution wouldn't that make you pretty volatile?  Unless you precipitated out of it..
  • Cream said:

what are you talking about
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    'Transtrender' is a stupid word, and a slur.

If there's any truth to that statement that more people are coming out now, that kind of makes sense because it's easier to come out when other people have come out... it's much harder to stand completely on your own.

Also there could plausibly be an element of more people becoming aware of the possibility of transitioning, and that there's a term to describe the way they feel - so the difference between 'feeling you're supposed to be the opposite sex' vs 'being trans'.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Cream said:

what are you talking about
    probably something an authority figure said to her
    Authority figures say a lot of stupid and offensive things.

We should be wary, i think, of taking out our anger on the wrong people.  Which is to say, consider other people's feelings before parroting whatever crap the gender police squad throw at you on a forum like this.

You're not the only one who is hurting, @Cream.
  • Dammit I came in here expecting o-chem jokes.  WTF happened.
    [[CaptainObvious a derail]]
  • edited 2015-01-28 09:20:34
    Bee said:

Dammit I came in here expecting o-chem jokes.  WTF happened.

This.

And yeah, I tried.  It didn't stick.  I guess o-chem didn't wet the Heap's substrate or something.
    i'm sorry, this would probably be really funny if i knew the first thing about organic chemistry
  • (I actually looked that one up on Wikipedia, lol.)