I'm never going to stop being weirded out that it took until 2009 for a media giant to buy Marvel

Every dumb thought of mine needs its own thread or something

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    comic books
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The press at the time noted not the comic books, but the 5000 characters Marvel owned
    never mind of course that those characters would have been nothing if not for the comics
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Beloved characters like shieldman, bad inventor, hot chick, Coulson, and Jules Winfield
    okay yeah Coulson debuted in the MCU but still
    Quoth NBC News, August 31, 2009:

"Marvel would follow another storied comic book publisher into the arms of a media conglomerate. DC Comics, the home of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, was bought by Warner Bros. — now part of Time Warner Inc. — in 1969."

Uh, no

Kinney bought DC in 1967, and Warner Bros.-Seven Arts in 1969
    Yeah, WB literally just bumped into DC
    oh my ogd MVL was trading higher than DIS at the time the deal was announced
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Anonus said:

oh my ogd MVL was trading higher than DIS at the time the deal was announced

does the price of a single share, outside of context of market cap or previous price, have any actual meaning to it
    Not really, but Disney's overpayment was comprised of 0.745 Disney shares, in addition to $30, paid for every Marvel share...