In the ABC Warner World, CN and The CW no longer air Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Has anyone noticed?

Comments

• The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I think anyone would notice if this disappeared from the airwaves

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Okay maybe CN airs that once a year now because that's like the only part of the special anyone cares about
    I've never even seen the special, I just know someone who links everyone that once a year
    the whole thing isn't worth watching

For some reason, Time Warner's made Cartoon Network and The CW (and, before them, The WB) run this thing every year since the early 2000s. They don't even own the special either...
  • edited 2014-12-15 03:35:42
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    "This review was a mistake." --Todd in the Shadows
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-12-15 15:10:30
    grandpa's gonna SUE the PANTS off of Santa
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    One of those songs that nobody knows they didn't make up for the special:

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    uuuuuugh
  • i wonder

did Tiny's grandpa sue the Pants off of Santa?

it would explain why they're so powerful (and how Santa manages to deliver so many gifts and eat so many cookies in one night-- it's all via pant-powered telekinesis)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    you're not the waifu police
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I hate Christmas specials so much.

If you're including Charlie Brown in this, you're nuts.

Otherwise, I can understand.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    What about Raymond Briggs' cartoons?

Surely you can't hate those?
    The classics get rerun every year because they've stood up over the years. Outside that you've got a while bevy of trend-riding cash-ins (anything with a hot character in it that wasn't Garfield), failed tries at greatness by old masters (Noel, most of R-B's later specials), etc.

do you not like Rankin/Bass Section
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

do you not like Rankin/Bass Section
    I like Rankin/Bass. In fact, I generally have a soft spot for Christmas specials. I'm just saying that I can understand why Jane would dislike them.

I would find it weird if he disliked the Peanuts specials specifically because those make a point of avoiding the showtune atmosphere that I assume turns Jane off of Christmas specials.
    lee4hmz said:

The classics get rerun every year because they've stood up over the years. Outside that you've got a while bevy of trend-riding cash-ins (anything with a hot character in it that wasn't Garfield), failed tries at greatness by old masters (Noel, most of R-B's later specials), etc.

And then there's the ones that were pretty good, but that no one remembers anymore (A Claymation Christmas, A Pinky and the Brain Christmas).
    Christmas specials are usually things I never search for but always appreciate when I stumble onto them.

I can never get enough of retellings of Christmas Carol, which I guess is why they're so common
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Magic Jane said:don't waifu santa

it's
    hazubando, jeez
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I used to like that Rudolph one