normal people cartoons

edited 2014-11-26 20:31:12 in General

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    but like for real what is your hangup with other people not liking the same cartoons as you
  • My dreams exceed my real life

but like for real what is your hangup with other people not liking the same cartoons as you

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I dunno

It makes me feel like kind of a freak?
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You: Scooby doo can talk because we say so now shut up and watch the fuckin cartoon
    The New Scooby Doo Movies: same
    THE SCOOBY DOO SHOW: same
    SCRAPPY DOO: same
    The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo: same
    Boo Brothers: same
    GHOUL SCHOOL: same
    THE RELUCTANT WEREWOLF: same
    What's New Scooby Doo: same
    A Pup Named Scooby Doo: same
    Zombie Island: same
    Witch's Ghost: same
    Alien Invaders: same
    Cyber Chase: same
    That one johnny bravo crossover: same
    Live action Scooby Doo films: same
    The /other/ live action Scooby Doo films: same
    Every fucking adaption of Scooby doo ever: same
    Mystery Incorporated: Scooby doo is the descendent of an alien race of godlike creatures called the annunaki that cross the barriers between our world and theirs every thousand years by possessing animals; any offspring sired by the annunaki and normal animals have near supernatural abilities such as amplified intelligence and the ability to speak human language which makes scooby part horrifying lovecraftian god from the dawn of time and that's why scooby doo can talk
    hey man you spoiled it
    srsly I was watching Mystery Incorporated (for the old H-B references of course) and browsing the Scooby tag on Tumblr on an odd lark and scrolled past that thing when I saw what it was leading up to
    yeah this was dumb

I just thought the OP picture was amusing because of how mainstream it feels to me
  • But yeah, the more I learn about the incorporated show, the less I want to continue it.

Scooby isn't what I go to when I want cosmic - level stories
    I only started watching it because of the references to other Hanna-Barbera things

They're small victories against WB's unwillingness to do anything with any non-Scooby H-B property

hell, Scooby's such a big property for WB at this point that it's bigger than Looney Tunes
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Annunaki is a thing then. Huh. I thought that one videogame made up the creature out of wholecloth

it's from Sumerian mythology
  • It's also a conspiracy theory popular on the kookier parts of the internet. 

Often they are mentioned in conjunction with Lizardmen, who are said to be their rivals.
    yeah, they figure pretty heavily into ancient aliens bullshit, from which other conspiracy bullshit flows
  • Easy recipe for fun times: go to any ancient aliens vid and ask if the Anunaki are the little grey ones or the lizard man ones.
    man, the asgard are obviously the little grey ones, haven't you watched wormhole x-treme?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I want to do a fantasy series where all the creatures are just

Based on Ancient Astronaut claimants
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Normal Cartoons For Normal People
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Anonus said:

I dunno

It makes me feel like kind of a freak?
    You watch more cartoons and are more invested in animation history than most people so you have formed more specific preferences, while most people only see what's contemporary & mainstream.

It's not that you're a freak, it's more like how most people don't know all the songs Naney listens to, or all the games Mojave plays.