Why is Frozen so popular?

edited 2014-11-21 02:06:05 in General
I enjoyed the movie. But it is far from my favorite thing in the world. I don't get it. Why's the world so crazy about it?

Comments

• I want to ask the same question about like, a ton of other things.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    /thread
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^yeah but that's not why normals like it
    "normals" lolz
    fine what term am I supposed to use
  • Anonus said:

fine what term am I supposed to use

Muggles, obviously. 
    okay fine

incest isn't why Muggles like it
  • Well, apparently they love it because instead of standard romance conventions providing the power of love, it was the love of their sisterly bond that broke the curse. 

So basically Incest. 
  • Let It Go
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    For serious good job stating that romantic love is not the only valid or potent form of love.

I mean, doesn't Brave also have that premise?
    building a snowman, possibly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always thought it was kinda funny how the movie just glosses over the fact that Elsa can CREATE A SENTIENT BEING BY ACCIDENT
  • I always thought it was kinda funny how the movie just glosses over the fact that Elsa can CREATE A SENTIENT BEING BY ACCIDENT

The movie glosses a lot of things.
  • Like the deaths of their parents.

Or that Elsa and Anna look exactly the same.
    I would say "it's called a house style" but even with that Disney has cases of similar/recycled character designs

Pongo looks a fair bit like Tramp, people have pointed out Honey Lemon looking a lot like Rapunzel, of course we have Baloo and Little John...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Tezuka used the exact same character designs in everything he drew, and people praised it and thought it was amazing, comparing it to a director utilizing a stable of ensemble actors in all of their films (something which Tezuka did little to discourage).

But of course, the standards are completely different.
    I also feel like mentioning H-B's reuse of character designs: Mr. Slate became Cogswell, Mr. Spacely became Mr. Peebles, Pebbles Flintstone became Ogee...

(I was hesitant to because I usually stick up for this era of theirs, but still)
    The standards are different because Disney is a huge goddamn media empire who should put more effort into these sorts of things. Whereas everything else we mentioned isn't.
    Point.