1997-2010

edited 2014-10-22 18:47:02 in General
This span of time keeps crossing my mind

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Does it correspond to anything in particular?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The time between two of Tara Strong's biggest roles making their WORLD DEBUT, for one
  • It's also the timespan between the premieres of Johnny Bravo and Regular Show
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a whole lotta nothing
    Rayman said:

It's also the timespan between the premieres of Johnny Bravo and Regular Show

Don't forget Cow and Chicken and Adventure Time
  • It's also one of the first sets of years I lived throughout in full, since I escaped the birth canal on the back end of '96.
    you make it sound like you had to fight your way out of there
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Cow and Chicken was... really pointless to me, honestly. It was like CatDog but dirtier, and who needs that in their life? I would rather be watching Johnny Bravo. Or Regular Show. That I would rather watch Adventure Time entirely goes without saying.
    it came first though

I'm one of the three people on Earth who holds any fondness for it - and that fondness derives almost entirely from its art style and the Red Guy
  • ULTRA-RAD HACKER REFUGEE FROM THE FUTURE
    why the artstyle of all things? That show looks awful.
  • from the death of princess diana to the tea party takeover of congress
    It's not devoid of charm. I just don't think that it was very good. I don't begrudge you for liking it, though.
    It's wonky in a good way to me.

I really don't get why everybody seems to have a huge hateboner for C&C. Or, even more bizarrely, accuses it of being a Ren & Stimpy knockoff.
  • El Kabong said:

it came first though

I'm one of the three people on Earth who holds any fondness for it - and that fondness derives almost entirely from its art style and the Red Guy
    I remember being amused by it when I was younger, but I haven't seen it in over 10 years.
    Virginia said:

from the death of princess diana to the tea party takeover of congress

Alternately: Swans Are Dead to My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky.

Way more positive events.
    I admit, I like Cow and Chicken much less than I used to

When I got older, its flaws became more apparent to me, and it really is kind of mediocre excepting the things I do still like about it
    El Kabong said:

The time between two of Tara Strong's biggest roles making their WORLD DEBUT, for one

for the record, I refer to Spot and Twilight Sparkle

(biggest roles doesn't really apply to Spot, despite my fondness for the character)
  • El Kabong said:

you make it sound like you had to fight your way out of there

who's to say I didn't?