I thought this book was kinda lame too

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Too bad he's a giant flaming idiot
  • edited 2014-09-26 16:48:17
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Remember, Glen Beck was the guy who asked, "why those of us who respectfully question the science behind global warming are mocked and derided".  He also claims that education is overfunded.

However, he also claims that the military is overfunded, and that a whole lot of things are overfunded, so it seems that at the very least he is consistent and not a hypocrite about that one specific issue about which he is an unlikable jerkface.

So, he's consistently awful, and at least consistent in that?

Okay, yeah, I can't muster any defense of Glen Beck.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    He has been having rare moments of clarity for a while now, but he is definitely ideologically consistent.
  • It's been pretty obvious since he left Fox that at least a modicum of his crazy was at their behest.
  • I think it's mostly just that Glenn Beck is a libertarian demagogue instead of a republican one.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Sorta? He's really, really conservative in a lot of ways. But at the same time, I feel like a lot of his more extreme posturing came out of a desire to shock and play to his audience that I don't think he feels pressured to do in his current position. He's still a showman, and that's his trade, but at this point he has a comfortable following and doesn't feel like he explicitly has to piss some people off and pander to others for the sake of it.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I thought this book was kinda lame too

My favorite book thing was when he got ridiculously upset about his book being upstaged by Machine of Death