edited 2014-09-18 19:43:40 in General
They chose to leave "Syndicated Distribution" out of the final name

Comments

• edited 2014-09-18 21:10:10
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That's a really unwieldy name.

Why not just "Warner Brothers TV"?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    "Warner Bros. Television" was already in use as the general name of the division; this appears to have been a subdivision
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    But isn't putting the full subdivision name kind of... I dunno, is it a legal issue or something?
    It's more like "it was 1994 and they didn't give a shit about making the names on closing logos wieldy back then because nobody cared as much about branding":

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    I honestly thought you were making that name up until I looked on Wikipedia.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    But it's not even readable.

It's not about branding, it's about comprehensibility.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

But isn't putting the full subdivision name kind of... I dunno, is it a legal issue or something?

Time Warner is the master of unnecessary corporate bureaucracy. They once told a Cartoon Network artist he didn't have the rights to draw Superman alongside the Powerpuff Girls, despite owning both franchises.

So, yeah, I'd imagine there's some executive somewhere who demanded they use the full name of the subdivision.
    I remember seeing this logo at the end of reruns of Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs

It always felt like it wasn't supposed to be there; it had no music, faded in and out slower than other logos did, and it had that wordy name on top with the shield reading only "WARNER BROS."

The whole thing came off like some kind of afterthought
    Warner Bros. Domestic Pay-TV Cable & Network Features Syndicated Distribution To Coaxial Wired Networks Oh Fuck Is This Actually The Division's Name Seriously

A Time Warner Entertainment Corporation, Incorporated Company
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Redundancy Corporation, Inc.
  • edited 2014-09-19 01:45:05
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Wow

This Is Getting Into Movie Title Territory
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And yeah, that name just screams "someone with a Napoleon complex got handed that tiny division of WBTV, and nagged their boss until they got their own logo".
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Before about, oh, 1984 or so it was all just "DISTRIBUTED BY WARNER BROS - A WARNER COMMUNICATIONS CO".