something's fishy here

edited 2014-08-26 00:00:14 in General

I could almost believe that two men could have the same name--even if it's an uncommon name like "Brian O'Buckeye"--but to have identical signatures? No, something's up here.

I would almost think Brian O'Buckeye is someone they just made up! But that's a little tinfoil-hatty even for me. u_u
Tagged:

Comments

• kill living beings
    is your school trying to legitimze fraud? that's not cool.

(why does your school also have its own bullshit currency, what the fuck)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Maybe it's the same guy and he just got a, um, race change
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    And the same ID number, my god!
  • edited 2014-08-26 00:36:28
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

is your school trying to legitimze fraud? that's not cool.

(why does your school also have its own bullshit currency, what the fuck)

my ID card as an undergrad also doubled as a debit card, and also had a special account that worked only for food on-campus

I think most of the ads like that one for it just used the mascot though, so the picture was always an anthropomorphic ram
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think the idea is that parents can load their kids's BuckID cards with money and be reasonably sure that it's being spent on food and necessities rather than booze or video games or something

Also our mascot is an anthropomorphic buckeye

How does that work, you ask? Well, he's a human with a buckeye for a head

It's very silly
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Way back in 1995, you could do that with the IDs Virginia Tech used. I never used it, since I didn't have any damn money (and what I did have was in the bank), but I wish I had tried, at least....it would have made doing laundry and getting juice from the vending machines more convenient, anyway.
  • we also had a school debit card at LCCC (called a Cougar Card because fuck).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heh, my student ID at Columbus State was called a Cougar Card too. Wasn't a debit card, though.

...What is it with community colleges and cougars, anyway?
  • kill living beings
    my school isn't a community college and it still has cougar cards.

the conspiracy deepens.
  • I hate it when universities and colleges like to force people -- especially students living in on-campus housing -- to buy into overpriced mealplans, and even leave unused money at the end because it can't be turned back into cash.

Of course, this keeps on happening.
  • Our school only requires first-years to buy into mealplans.

It's generally accepted among students that they're overly expensive, but we do get buffet meals, so it balances out I guess?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I actually really liked the food at Tech when I was on the meal plan, so...
  • Our school only requires first-years to buy into mealplans.

It's generally accepted among students that they're overly expensive, but we do get buffet meals, so it balances out I guess?
    But very, very quickly diminishing marginal returns (and after a while negative returns, even).

I can treat myself to a buffet anytime.  For, say, the cost of $10 a meal.

But what will that accomplish, if I can feed myself well for $7 a meal?  Should I try to stuff myself?  Should I try to bring food to my friends or my fellow humans who don't have as much to eat provided to them?  Should I purposely try to pick out the most expensive foods to eat just because they're more expensive and they'll be rarer in my diet once I get off this mealplan?

Because otherwise, it's just overpaying.
  • FWIW, the only arguments that I've heard that can hold water is that the workers are paid better or the raw material is sourced from socially and/or environmentally responsible sources.  And even then, I'd ask to look at the books.
  • Heh, my student ID at Columbus State was called a Cougar Card too. Wasn't a debit card, though.

...What is it with community colleges and cougars, anyway?
    Schools are just kind of obsessed with them.

My brother and sister are both at two different area schools; he's a Wildcat, she's a Cougar Cub. Every school near me seems to use one of those two in some form.

Except my school, that is. I've been here three years and I still don't know what a Capital is as a mascot.