Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

edited 2014-07-28 21:45:03 in Chocolate
i.e., one of few movies Central Avenue's seen enough times to name inane details off the top of her head
Tagged:

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I first saw it at an age when I was too young to know what I was watching a lot of the time.

My reaction was boring, boring, creepy scene, boring, HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING.

And then it kept being amazing until it ended.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    We actually had a copy of Willy Wonka on Betamax when I was little, and watching it was a big deal because 
    • Bio-dad hated dragging out the Betamax machine
    • My brother and I had a tendency of breaking things, and the Betamax was one of our favorite victims toys.
    I'm not sure if it was recorded off-air or from HBO, but I do remember it not having any commercials in.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I saw it when I was a kid and was so bored I didn't watch the whole thing

I'm sorry
  • I saw it when I was a kid and was so bored I didn't watch the whole thing

I'm sorry

Oompa Lumpa Lumpity doo, I've got another riddle for you.

If you are bored watching little men rhyme.

then you are surely missing some time,

to get all your friends and play in some grime.

But getting all dirty is such. a. crime.

Puppies Kitties Puppies.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oompah, oompah, stick it up your jumper!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I own this movie now

I have it on a VHS taped off of AMC in 2004, but it's pretty dusty and I don't know how well it would play now
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok, so, the chocolate river scene.

Mrs. Gloop and Mr. Salt both remark on how the river is "polluted" before Wonka explains that it's chocolate. But like...they're standing right on the bank of the river as they have this conversation. Surely they'd be able to smell that it's chocolate and not wastewater? Just sayin'.

Also, if the chocolate was hot enough to flow like water, it would probably have burned Augustus the moment he stuck his hand in.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ouch
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Ok, so, the chocolate river scene.

Mrs. Gloop and Mr. Salt both remark on how the river is "polluted" before Wonka explains that it's chocolate. But like...they're standing right on the bank of the river as they have this conversation. Surely they'd be able to smell that it's chocolate and not wastewater? Just sayin'.

Also, if the chocolate was hot enough to flow like water, it would probably have burned Augustus the moment he stuck his hand in.
    The melting point of chocolate is only 30c, so.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-04-11 20:20:26
    Depends on what kind of chocolate.  Most candy bars aim for about 36C to melt in the mouth with additional moisture.  But obviously something like a fondue or chocolate fountain should be much lower and can retain temperatures somewhat below their melting point as long as it remains in motion -- by definition they have to be safe to touch, because it's not like it'll just not get on your hand if you ask politely.
  • I assumed it was like chocolate syrup or whatever rather than just molten chocolate.