BLAGHH

Comments

• The International must be killin' you, then

ESPN's streaming that shit and everything
  • the only sport is FOOTBALL
  • Tre said:

The International must be killin' you, then

ESPN's streaming that shit and everything
    THAT IS WHY I MADE THIS THREAD MY TWITTER FEED IS AN ENDLESS CACOPHONY OF REACTING TO FUCKIN DOTA 2 AS THOUGH IT'S A SOCCER MATCH AND I

DO

NOT

UNDERSTAND
  • kill living beings
    if mobas aren't sports then how do you explain my fan fiction in which mia hamm becomes a league of legend
  • if people say it's a sport, and other people agree with them, it's a sport

boom
  • golf is an activity

racing cards is a stupidity
  • naney said:

if people say it's a sport, and other people agree with them, it's a sport

boom

my main problem here is twofold

for one, I think "sport" implies a decent degree of physical activity. Football (both American and European) is something I'd consider a sport. So's baseball, tennis, that kind of thing.

for another, I feel like calling something like DOTA 2, or for that matter, chess or poker, a "sport" is mostly an attempt to brand it in such a way that it will attract annoying ultrahype fans of the type that paint their faces for football games. DOTA 2 is a video game, poker is a card game, and chess is a board game, and I am pretty damn sure that the only reason any of these things is bandied about as a sport is because nerds feel insecure about things they like being called "games".
  • george carlin was a fuccboi straight up
  • I don't like George Carlin either but don't get the joke here.
  • naney said:

boom

for one, I think "sport" implies a decent degree of physical activity. Football (both American and European) is something I'd consider a sport. So's baseball, tennis, that kind of thing.

for another, I feel like calling something like DOTA 2, or for that matter, chess or poker, a "sport" is mostly an attempt to brand it in such a way that it will attract annoying ultrahype fans of the type that paint their faces for football games. DOTA 2 is a video game, poker is a card game, and chess is a board game, and I am pretty damn sure that the only reason any of these things is bandied about as a sport is because nerds feel insecure about things they like being called "games".
    i think the bigger reason may be trying to market them as spectator events the way sports are.
  • edited 2014-07-20 22:14:00

i was pointing out that george carlin was a fuccboi, which was triggered by Glenn's post, which i assumed was related to that one george carlin routine about "sports" vs "activities"

that's all
  • edited 2014-07-20 22:15:00

naney said:

boom

nerds gonna nerd man, not something to get worked up over

plus clicking things is strenuous as hell
  • Yes but that has never prevented me from getting worked up about things anyway.
  • you gotta chillax, save your wrath for important things like fairly well respected YA authors and innocuous music everyone else is indifferent to
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    MOBAs are kind of an attempt to do football with wizards and shit.
  • naney said:

i was pointing out that george carlin was a fuccboi, which was triggered by Glenn's post, which i assumed was related to that one george carlin routine about "sports" vs "activities"

that's all

oh, it wasn't

i was actually just spouting some silly opinions

(i know who george carlin is, but i am not familiar with his comedy routines)

the typo in my post was unintentional but left in for fun
  • naney said:

you gotta chillax, save your wrath for important things like fairly well respected YA authors and innocuous music everyone else is indifferent to

This is actually like the only dumb thing I get genuinely annoyed over.

Any level of anger above that is facetious.
    Odradek said:

MOBAs are kind of an attempt to do football with wizards and shit.

nah, MOBAs are what happens when you make a multiplayer Warcraft map really badly, and then everyone decides that it's the most important thing on earth.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the only true esport is yoco