sage advice from mr reagan

edited 2014-07-01 01:43:17 in General

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    rage advice from mr sagan
  • bringing this back
  • edited 2014-07-31 14:20:18
    0:17:24 - Reagan: A renewal of the traditional values that have been the tendons of this country's strength. One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism than they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly. Seven. And that is the core of the awakening. Twelve. Eighteen. We will stop al-Qaeda. Now there you go again.

0:17:53 - [Applause]

0:18:02 - Reagan: For the first time we have risen, and I see we are being consumed. I see circles that are not circles. Billions of dead souls inside containment. Unravellers have eaten country's moral fabric, turning hearts into filth. I'm from a kingdom level above human. What does that yield? A hokey smile that damns an entire nation.

0:18:43 - There is no hope.

0:18:59 - [Applause]

• Stripped of context, the weird speeches from Reagan Cut While Talking are actually kind of funny.
  • "The speeches delivered by Reagan are mostly incoherent, lacking any sort of underlying thematic structure and largely being composed of nonsensical anecdotes and parables."

(*obvious joke goes here*)
  • I think even within context there is a dark humor to them; really there's a lot of dark humor in SCP stuff.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Oh, that Reagan.

Not the ones from sevierville.
  • i thought po-faced goofiness was what SCP was all about?
  • In some ways, yeah.

The big division between article types is "absurd but dark" and "horrifyingly dangerous." I've seen people characterize it as mostly the latter, but it's pretty even, I'd say.