Things that we're damn sure are true but just can't find proof of on the internet

edited 2014-04-26 19:07:40 in General
1. A little Reader's Digest humor bit, wherein a person is asked if they are interested in a certain geographic location, to which they reply "We just came from Walla Walla, and we're not interested in Ho-Ho-Kus".

2. Super Mario RPG was, at one point in time, referred to as "Super Mario World 3", in some published text.

3. For two weeks, Pokémon (the TV show) was on UPN channel 33 in southeastern Florida.  It aired at 7:30 AM the first week, and aired at 7:00 AM the second week.  Thereafter, it was on WB channel 39.

Comments

• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Zelda Ocarina of Time was supposed to have dating sim elements
  • p≠np
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You might want to refer to those stations as "WBFS" and "WBZL" (the latter is now WSFL) for more accurate information?

I'm pretty sure that KWGN aired 101 Dalmatians: The Series in Denver during its syndicated run (on what was left of the Disney Afternoon), but I've never bothered to look it up...
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The information is all there, on the deep web. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    When Pokémon was syndicated, it aired on KDVR, the Fox station here.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    All That once aired a spoof episode called Hairy Bladder, starring such characters as Her Hiney and Lord Moldy Shorts and taking place in an academy where magic is banned. ^_^
  • edited 2014-05-04 20:21:02
    There is a twenty-song album, on an audio casette, of "Character Building Songs", which are children's songs about various virtues.  Songs include "Practice Makes Perfect", "Share and Share Alike", "Kalepo", "Gentleness", "Responsibility", "Diamond in the Rough", and more.

My tape has been listened to many times, and is starting to deteriorate, which is unfortunate, since many of these songs are very, very pretty.

I've been able to find some of them mixed in with Music Machine stuff, such as on this page: http://www.guidinglightvideo.com/shop/musicmachine.html .  However, for some reason, all twenty songs -- as far as I remember -- were non-religious, unlike some of the compilations they have since appeared in, so the album as a whole was something they could sell to non-Christians as well.  That said, I'd be happy just to be able to locate each of the twenty songs individually, in any context.

Information about this album is seemingly impossible to come by on the internet.  There is a "Character Building Songs" album that I've found on the internet but it's definitely not the album I have.
  • There's a Youtube Poop somewhere, at some point in time, that had the phrase "How do you do do, Alan?"
  • edited 2015-07-01 17:00:47
    There exists a anthromorphized airplane named Supair Transat, which was once used as a mascot for the airline Air Transat, in a publication they made for their younger passengers.

The publication, an activity book, was in French, if I recall correctly.

Part of it contained little peel-out square tokens or play-pieces with a color Supair Transat on one side and a white-on-blue outline of the same character on the reverse, on glossy card stock paper with pre-perforated edges.

I still have some of those play-pieces.