ITT: Kexruct makes a card game

edited 2014-04-16 20:54:33 in Artistic Pursuits
Overview: Two players (Maybe more, possibly?). Cards are divided into several categories: Guardians (Summoners and Familiars), Traps, Effects, Emblems, and Arenas. Each has a main deck, a hand, and a side deck. Side deck consists mostly of Summoners, Arenas and possibly some other miscellaneous cards. All cards in the side deck are visible to both players at all times and can be accessed whenever necessary. Goal is to destroy all of your opponent's Summoners. 

Basics:
  • Goal is to destroy  the opponent's Summoner.
  • Players have one Summoner active at all times, along with up to four Familiars.
  • If a player has four Familiars, their Summoner cannot be attacked.
  • There is always one Arena card active. At the start of the game, a coin is flipped to determine which player chooses the Arena.
  • Familiars can be "equipped" to other Familiars of a higher level or to any Summoner. When a Familiar is equipped, it is no longer active in battle but its abilities are conferred to the Summoner or Familiar it is equipped to.
  • Each player only has one emblem card, that confers an effect over the course of the entire match.
  • Turns are divided into several phases:
  • Drawing
  • Summoning
  • Event (1-5)
  • Closing

• During the summoning phase, players summon Familiars, set Traps, set Effect cards, switch out Summoners, or equip Familiars.
  • During the event phase, cards exchange attacks over the course of five "events." 
Aspects of cards:
  • Familiars have Life, Power, Tech Points, Level and two slots for abilities or Techniques.
  • Summoners have all of the above, except instead of Power they have Summon Points, which determine the amount of Trap cards, Familiar cards, and Effect cards they can bring into play during the summoning phase.
  • Effect cards have an effect, a Level, Power, Cooldown, and a type (Trigger or Activation)
  • Trap cards have an effect and a Level.
  • Arena cards have an effect, Power, and Level.
  • Emblem cards only have an effect.
The Event Phase:
(continued in the next post, because typing this stuff is tiring and I want to gauge interest)
(also it occurs to me that the wording here is really awkward; sorry, it'd be a lot easier if I could scan the cards)

Comments