Billy West
Tara Strong
Tom Kenny

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    You forgot Cree Summer.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Daws Butler (deceased)
  • edited 2013-06-21 09:11:19
    Long John Baldry (deceased)
    Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Nathan Vetterlein
    Robert Belgrade
    Grant Goodeve
    Nigel Lambert
    Asami Imai
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Charlie Van Dyke
    Frank Welker
    (2015 self)
    Girolamo Savonarola, whose voice could be heard and still vividly remembered thirty years later.

You only had to hear him speak once, and you'd never forget; as long as you live.

Sadly, we have no sound recordings of him.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Savonarola was a terrible person, but it would be fascinating to hear him speak.

And if we are accepting further non-voice actor submissions...
    (2015 self)
    Savonarola burned books.

Words cannot describe my feelings for the man.
  • edited 2013-11-29 10:00:14
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Steven Blum
  • edited 2013-11-29 10:47:35
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Morgan Freeman. :P

Has he ever actually done voice acting?
  • Steven Blum

Steven Blum

Steven Blum

• edited 2014-02-22 21:11:07
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Don Adams (deceased)
    Patrick Warburton

In The Lego Movie, yes
    ^^ Steve Blum is fantastic. Very, very versatile as a voice actor, both in voice and acting terms.
    I know Steve Blum mostly as Amon...
    Watch Cowboy Bebop.

And/or the dub of Great Teacher Onizuka where he literally voices a third of the cast.

Daws Butler (deceased)

And we should add his friend Don Messick (deceased)
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

LEGO Movie, but I don't think that was out when you asked the question.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I nominate James Earl Jones
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Steve Blum is fantastic. Very, very versatile as a voice actor, both in voice and acting terms.
    hm, that's interesting, I always thought Steven Blum had one thing that he did across many shows...
  • As evidenced by the fact that he voiced Leeron, I think it's more a matter of his usual affect being so good that he's rarely asked to do anything else.
  • edited 2014-08-30 12:01:24

Steve Blum is fantastic. Very, very versatile as a voice actor, both in voice and acting terms.
    hm, that's interesting, I always thought Steven Blum had one thing that he did across many shows...
    Honestly, I would say that these two opinions aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Steven Blum has been in so much stuff that depending of what shows/films/video games you watch/play, you can get a very different picture of the man as an actor. He has had a bunch of roles which call for fantastical and varied voices, but he also has had a bunch of roles which are basically just variations on his Spike Spiegel/Roger Smith/natural speaking voice.

For example, when looking at his wikipedia page, I never realized that several of the voices in the Ratchet and Clank games, some of which you hear a lot, were done by Steve Blum, but then you hear his Keiji Maeda voice from Samurai Warriors and you can instantly tell it's Steve Blum.
    Kexruct said:

As evidenced by the fact that he voiced Leeron, I think it's more a matter of his usual affect being so good that he's rarely asked to do anything else.

I would have used the fact that he voiced Guilmon instead as a stronger example, but the point still stands.
    Yeah, the thing about Steve Blum is he's generally only asked to do a very small range of things, but he actually possesses a significant acting breadth that is only infrequently exploited because that particular portion of his range is so distinctive.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I nominate Casey Kasem

He wasn't the most prolific of voice actors but he's definitely the one voice we all recognize on the radio, even after his death
  • my favorite character of his is Groovy Groove of the Cattanooga Cats

sorry Shaggy, sorry Robin
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Wakamoto Norio