Any fans of pre-FiM My Little Pony?

edited 2012-06-03 20:07:47 in General
I'm not a fan of either myself, but I do wonder.

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    I am! :3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I watched it when I was a kid. But I remember practically nothing.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm not really into it, but sometimes I wonder if any pre-G4 fans and G4 fans cross paths (I'm not talking about those who like G4 and pre-G4, I'm talking about those who like one or the other[s]).
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    G4 fans seem to respond to anything pre-G4 with "KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

I'm sure plenty have explained to them that the older stuff was "fair for its time".
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I refuse to believe that G3.5 was "fair for its time".

The older gens don't really interest me, although I think it's kind of silly for bronies to abuse G1 when Faust got so many of her ideas from there.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Fouria G said:

I refuse to believe that G3.5 was "fair for its time".

Touché.

• I'm just here to gay the place up
    Me and the bf tried to watch the original mlp but it just wasn't the same somehow.. we gave up after a couple episodes.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    G1 is like Tolkien. The world is a scary place full of demons, witches, and tyrants (Penguin Hitler!). The hobbits/ponies have somehow carved out a piece of land to make cutesy, and if no one went on adventures to fight these evils, the Shire/Dream Valley would be overrun and destroyed.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    They even got a Japanese studio to do their animation, just like Bilbo did. -laughs at entirely too clever mythology gag-