How did Kanaya beat Eridan at poker?

edited 2012-04-28 00:50:36 in General
He tried to bluff and she saw right through him.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Is it bad that the more I hear these kinds of jokes, the more I feel sorry for Eridan?  I never even liked the guy.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Is it bad that the more I hear these kinds of jokes, the more I feel sorry for Eridan?  I never even liked the guy.
    I can complete that metamorphosis for you.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    He sort of had something of a ineffectual sympathetic villain thing going for him, before he went on a rampage. 

Which always made this kinda cool to me:

• Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I'm sure I've said this before but I found him to be a far more compelling villain than Gamzee. I almost wish their roles had been switched.
  • Eridan jokes have always been in the realm of Schadenfreude for me. I don't actually hate Eridan, but I really do get a laugh at his expense.

Gamzee is a strange character to pin down. I guess he sort of has "plot armor" because Juggalo shenanigans is so important to Homestuck. 

I would like to see more of the weird little genocidal maniac (Eridan, that is). He'll probably show up sooner or later being D------EAD and all.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    An alternate timeline Eridan showed up in a bubble at some point. He and Feferi had hit god tier, and she revived the mayor.

That's true. 

Though, I'd like to see more of Alpha!Eridan. 
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Well, Vriska and Tavros reappeared, so you never know.

I thought the scene with Kanaya and the chainsaw was cool, but I was kind of disappointed at the same time because it felt like a waste of an interesting antagonist.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-04-28 01:57:54
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    I thought the scene with Kanaya and the chainsaw was cool, but I was kind of disappointed at the same time because it felt like a waste of an interesting antagonist.
    You know, earlier I had a train of thought that ended with "and that's why the way that arc was resolved was perfect narratively!" But now I can't remember it. :/ 

#yntkt
  • I find Eridan jokes hilarious.

Is this mean of me? Possi8ly. Do I care? Nah, it's not like I'm laughing at the expense of someone who is not fictional.

Though March Eridan is still the funniest Eridan.
  • March Eridan... I'm not sure whether he should creep me out or be my daily HS laugh.

Seriously.
  • I'm sure I've said this before but I found him to be a far more
    compelling villain than Gamzee. I almost wish their roles had been
    switched.
    Seamus already said it for me.

Still, I have to admit, Codtier Gamzee has been pretty entertaining. He's one of the reasons why I like Act 6.3 much more than Act 6.2
    I thought the scene with Kanaya and the chainsaw was cool, but I was
    kind of disappointed at the same time because it felt like a waste of an
    interesting antagonist.
    I remember that week of updates because that was the same week that the MSPA thread got locked. At the time, I really liked it (except for Eridan's death, which made me feel hollow for some reason), but as time went by, I realized that the scene was kind of messed up. It's the same problem that fight scenes in Danny Phantom had; the villains just stand there while the main character (in this case, Kanaya), swoops in and defeats them in a curb-stomp battle.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I didn't think it was all that messed up. The trolls were just kind of stunned at Kanaya coming out of nowhere, and even if Eridan alone had the presence of mind to register that he was going to get his ass kicked before he could do something, the last two trolls she beat weren't killed by it.
  • And at that point everyone thought Kanaya was DEAD.

Also judging 8y the shades falling at the end, the whole thing was pretty quick anyway, and they'd 8een in standoff mode pro8a8ly mentally working out who was going to do what to whom when Kanaya showed up not quite as DEAD as she had 8een and also glowing; I can imagine that would stun anyone for a few seconds and allow them to 8e dispatched when their guard was down.

At least that's my take on the whole thing.