Talkin about Tumblrs, man

edited 2012-03-29 04:06:12 in General
I'm not sure what category this should be...oh well.

My personal Tumblr is pretty bizarre...like it's 99.9% reblogs of stuff I like or find. I also plan to make a NSFW Tumblr but I can't tell you what it is.

My personal Tumblr:

http://jungledragonlotus.tumblr.com/
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My personal Tumblr is pretty bizarre...like it's 99.9% reblogs of stuff I like or find.
    From what I've seen, that describes almost everyone's personal Tumblrs.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine is here 8ut I think most people here already knew this. ::::D
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is there a way to add a subtitle to my blog that would change at random every time you load the page? I want it to cycle through some road sign messages: "oncoming traffic has extended green", "left turn yield on flashing yellow arrow", "right lane ends merge left", etc.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
  • edited 2012-06-13 21:33:50

I used to have a Tumblr, but then I deleted it after not updating it for over three months.

↑↑ I can write a script like that for you, if you want.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I now have a tumblr and are following a bunch of the above...

I'm sure more of you have tumblrs....

Anyhow, mine is:

• I used to have a Tumblr, but then I deleted it after not updating it for over three months.

Damn, I was going to follow you, too...

Anyways: http://rocketverliden.tumblr.com/
    I just realized I didn't link mine here.

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Here's my tumblr. It's rad. 

Shit. I didn't reblog everything that came my way, guess I'm a homophobic pedophile now.
  • And possi8ly 11 years old.

Well...at least I won't get arrested for my pedophilia...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I too have a tumblr. Despite my all but advertising Pokémon content in the description, it has a distinct lack of Pokémon-related stuff on it. I should rectify this soon.

>mfw I literally wrote half the posts on Gator's Tumblr

:P
  • edited 2012-11-21 13:26:22
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Is "Tyrus8180Laybourne96" anyone I should know?

Their account is brand new. Wondering if someone else here started an account.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Soshul Jastice for Tom Blur.
  • edited 2012-11-21 13:55:24
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I was thinking about making a Pokémon ask meme. However, there are a couple of things I need to get out of the way before I do. First, I need to let people submit questions in the first place. Second, I'm sure it's probably a weird thing to do as my fifth post. Should I wait until I've posted more stuff first?

I'm not sure what tumblr etiquette is for ask. I just sort of put my up from the get go, but then again, my page isn't really driven by people's questions.

If you want some more posts, you can do what I did and just dredge up posts of yours you liked from the fora, or something.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    To be honest, I held off on putting it up mostly because I couldn't think of a creative variation on "Ask me anything." But now it is there, in case anyone ever wanted to use it.

And that gives me an idea. Thanks!
  • edited 2012-11-21 14:42:59
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

You should also tag your stuff with some generic tags like #pokemon or whatever game you're talking about. That way, people will might find your stuff on a search.

I've gotten a few hits on random posts that way.
    Justice42 said:

I'm not sure what tumblr etiquette is for ask. I just sort of put my up from the get go, but then again, my page isn't really driven by people's questions.

If you want some more posts, you can do what I did and just dredge up posts of yours you liked from the fora, or something.
    From what I've seen, most people leave Ask enabled not because their blogs are question-driven, but because it's the simplest way to contact someone when you want to tell them something (contrived "Fan Mail" PM system notwithstanding).

As for content, well, I'm sure you've noticed that I frequently crosspost things between my blog and this forum. They tend to face slightly different audiences, so when I want my other friends to were something I post it on Tumblr.
  • edited 2012-11-21 20:25:27
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I've been reading the wtfsocialjustice tumblr today. Funny shit.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Hoooo man, this is a doozy:

WOMEN HAVE ERECTILE TISSUE, DUMBASS.
  • No one who writes things like that is ever close enough with a woman to know what a clitoris is, so it's an understandable mistake.
    Heh, good point. :lol:
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why did I think of South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
  • edited 2012-11-22 02:11:29
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    "You've got to find the clitoris!" << that's why

I thought I knew what ridiculous was until this day. (White woman wears kimono. Butthurt...well, I'm not sure who's butthurt, because MY BRAIN IS FULL OF FUCK, but it ensues nonetheless.)
  • edited 2012-11-22 02:11:37
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Generally when a Tumblr post has so many blockquotes that they protrude outside the post area (and this seems to happen with all blog themes beyond a certain point) you know it's going to be stupid.
  • edited 2012-11-22 02:12:49
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...being non-Japanese and wearing a kimono is racist?
  • oh man

let's talk about the demons of cultural appropriation

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

lee4hmz said:

Hoooo man, this is a doozy:

WOMEN HAVE ERECTILE TISSUE, DUMBASS.
    These people place everything about themselves into a flimsy identity based on single physical or mental aspect and then wonder why they feel like their whole world is destroyed by a simple comment or remark.
    CA: Oh yeah. THis is one of the dumbest I've seen so far. 

AU: Apparently it makes you an asshole weeaboo who should die in a fire, even if the kimono was a gift from your host family or something like that. :P
    I'll also bet the person getting upset over the white person wearing the kimono is not only not Japanese, but probably not even Asian. 
    nevermind that, I'm reading the responses here

holy shit
    I'm reading through wtfsocialjustice some more, and God damn, it's like every disturbed 13-year-old Suethor dumped their inner demons on the world en masse.
    so, what exactly is a "tone argument"
    Nevermind, I found it

A tone argument is an argument used in discussions, sometimes by Concern trolls and sometimes as a Derailment, in which it is suggested that feminists would be more successful if only they expressed themselves in a more pleasant tone. This is also sometimes described as catching more flies with honey than with vinegar, a particular variant of the tone argument.

So basically this is a No Bad Memes-style "fallacy" ploy where when you ask some raving fucking asshole to stop being a raving fucking asshole in an internet argument, they can counter with this

that's cute but no 
  • edited 2012-11-22 04:09:11
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    from the same source:

Female fans of Anime meet layered feminism problems due to this cultural transfer, because they are not only dealing with American conceptions of woman and female geek, but also Japanese cultural expectations of femininity and racist views of some American men concerning Japanese women (being clean, nice, polite, taking care of themselves, caring about how they present themselves, and in general being likeable.)

I can see how, on a purely semantic level, that those positive stereotypes are racist views. On a practical level, though, where racism is considered nothing but harmful, how can this even be argued? I mean, really?

edit: by the way, you'd think that whoever wrote that would have thought to include the stereotype of the subservient Japanese woman, or even the actual sexism that Japanese women suffer in the workplace. But no, we're left with "harmful" stereotypes like being "clean". 
  • The sadness will last forever.
    If I hear "Check your privilege" one more time I'm gonna go nuts.

That phrase is completely useless now the SJWs beat it.
  • edited 2012-11-22 10:19:50
    8luh 8luh.
    I dare you to check out the "otherkin" tag.

Also troll or not, this is a8surdly entertaining to read.

I can get some of the social justice stuff if it's something that's actually pro8lematic to a large group of people, 8ut some of them get to the point where they put trigger warnings on a picture of fried chicken 8ecause it offends radical vegans, or they say that if you cook food from another culture you might as well 8e a white supremacist, or they say that wearing a pair of fake glasses (whether for ~*~hipster~*~ reasons or for a cosplay/costume) is ableist, and I can't tell whether or not they're actually that hypersensitive or they're just trolling the people who think that the actually-pro8lematic-things are pro8lematic.

Dear God,

I never thought I'd see the day when Vriska would post something that would make my brain shut down after a couple of sentences.

Where's Myr in all this? I don't think he's figured out Tumblr might be his own personal playground, yet.
  • That blog is a perfect example of why I stay far, far away from that side of Tumblr.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    You really don't have to look far to find someone more insane than Kankri, which is quite an accomplishment.
  • Super Lazuli,
    oh man

let's talk about the demons of cultural appropriation

If it is alright for me to ask this, for those who have Tumblrs, why did you decide to get one and do you think having one has been worthwhile?
    I'd think it's because the positives of Tumblr outweigh the negatives

It's bad that almost all the crazy on the internet has found a home there but that shouldn't ruin it for everyone else
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-11-22 14:54:48
    I got mine three years ago as a dumb 12-year-old cuz I figured it fit my "blog" (if you could call it that) a little better.

I wouldn't have known about MS Paint Adventures, TVT or here if I didn't join, nor would I have been able to skip "the talk" with my parents. Earlier on when I was still a legitimately impressionable kid it might have done more harm than good, but I think I may be able to honestly say I wouldn't be the Tre I am now without Tumblr.

So yes. I do think it was worthwhile.
    Anyway, regarding "appropriating other cultures", why the fuck shouldn't anyone dress up in a kimono if they want to? 

• Besides that, there isn't any reason why not.