ROAD OPEN AHEAD

edited 2012-03-17 01:33:49 in General
She is WIIIIIDE open ;3
Tagged:

Comments

• edited 2012-03-17 19:47:08
    The first (okay, second) thing that pops into my mind from the above phrase?

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fun fact: In the US, some freeway construction projects use "EXIT OPEN" or "EXIT OPEN AHEAD" signs when there is work in the vicinity of a freeway exit.

For example:
  • edited 2012-03-17 02:42:30
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Is the "ROAD WORK XX MILE" sign custom made for different distances, or do they paste a number on there? Of course, I suppose they could just have, say, a 5 mile one and place it accordingly. If it's the latter, is it "05" or "5"?

Semi-unrelatedly, I have no idea what sort of career you are going to pursue, but I know that it's going to be strangely awesome.

Maybe you should buy and sell antique traffic signs or something. :D

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For signs of that style, where they can be set at a standard distance, they usually just have a standard "1 MILE" (or whatever distance) sign and place it accordingly.

For other styles of sign, where the distances are more varied (say, "Road Closed XX Miles Ahead") they usually go the cheaper route and have a sign with a blank space to bolt on a number.
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    They bolt a number on? I can't help but wonder what that looks like, or more importantly, what sort of tool they use to do it.
    Well, I guess it would be more accurate to say they bolt on a small square with a number printed on it. Not nearly as interesting, but more practical. :P
  • edited 2012-03-17 03:38:04
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Awwww.

If I ever meet a genie, one of my wishes will be "make the numbers on traffic signs bolted-on cut-outs instead of bolted on squares with pictures of numbers".

Only 3 humans on the planet would care, but that will be enough to make it worthwhile. :,)

Better than immortality~!

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    My wishes would be immortality that never ages me and kicks in at 27, with the immortality making me immune to disease and allowing me to rapidly heal from any injury perfectly, even past injuries, a few billion dollars earned legitimately, and a 3 inch long 1 inch wide 1/2 inch think perfectly smooth stone that when given to me exaclty five seconds after the wish is made will appear half an inch above the surface of my outstretched palm

This stone will be a deep navy blue colour and be unable to react to any substance. It will never heat up past 20 degrees celcius and never be cooler than 5 degrees celcius. It will be indestructable, paradox proof, and immune to any wishes made after this one. This stone, if lost, will appear one inch above my outstretched palm if I think, "Come to me oh magic wishing stone"

This stone can never harm me in a way I do not approve of, whether through being used as a weapon or through a wish being made. The stone will allow me to make a wish whenever I want, where ever I want, with no restrictions on the number or kinds of wishes. It will have a gently glowing - no brighter than a firefly - mark on it that looks like a hand print. This mark will be on the top of it and be 1/2 inch wide by 1/2 inch long. Wishes will be granted as if a benevolent genie granted them, so I could wish for a blue rock and if I meant a sapphire, it would give me a sapphire

It would be able to read my mind, in case if my voice wasn't working, and could grant wishes for me at any range